Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Just another ZHP Build

As mentioned in my New Member thread, I come from 2 E36 M3's, so they ZHP is a nice change! I took delivery of the car on Feb. 9th, finally fulfilling my dream of owning a ZHP.

Car details:
    03; Silvergray
    Silver Cube Trim
    132k miles
    Alcantara Interior
    All stock (*despite red-clear-red tails)

My first modification - clear sides. I bought these for $13 shipped from an E46F member. Upon opening the box, I noticed the corners had a BMW part # type sticker on them. Can anyone confirm if they're OEM or not?

Thoughts on my side markers - they look a bit weathered. They are cheap to replace, but is it worth it? Wonder if I could take a headlight restoration kit to them.

Going to de-badge the 330i today.

Love the silver gauge rings.

Following images taken in the Oak Ridge Nat. Laboratory area (One word - SCARY!!).

Front bumper trim piece has been ordered to replace damage from PO.

Steering wheel shows some wear. Hopefully can bring myself to order a Coby replacement this week.

I have a brand new ZHP knob ready to take the place of this E46 M3 shift knob (Why someone would replace a ZHP knob...on a ZHP, not sure..), but unfortunately, it seems the M3 knob has been glued on. Not sure what I'm going to do about this.

Ordered, but not here: Black grills, front trim piece, laminx fog light covers (2-12).
    Here, but needs to be installed: ZHP Knob, UUC Clutch Stop.

Absolute perfection. Wish I had TiAg....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks, Dane. I had my sites on a few Imolas, but could not pass the deal up on this car.

looking good so far, keep it up. As for the p/n - maybe... but I would call a dealership and ask because when I replaced the ones on my Ci the p/n on the back of the light was not the same as the real p/n

Nice! What makes you think the knob has been glued on? Having come from E36s I'm sure you know the process and that they can be stuck on there pretty good....can you actually see glue?

You could give the alcantara restoration a shot, can't hurt much if you are definitely getting it rewrapped.

Pretty cool shots. I've rolled right through there a couple times on the way to Windrock.

I've tried to tear it off, my Father, my brother - no one can get the thing off. Twist, pull, tug, you name it, we've tried. Yeah, I might give it a try, but it's pretty rough. Did you sell your CSL's?

Second gear and pull straight up. 80 pounds of upward pressure, iirc. It can feel like it's on there pretty good.

If that doesn't do it, then it's on there with an adhesive-- which would suck.

Beautiful car. Best of luck with her.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Second gear and pull straight up. 80 pounds of upward pressure, iirc. It can feel like it's on there pretty good.

If that doesn't do it, then it's on there with an adhesive-- which would suck.
    +1 - I will also add this: open your sunroof and straddle the center console to give you some added leverage to work with

It also helps to put a pretty sharp impulse on it, not just a steady hard pull.

I did not sell my CSLs, they're stacked up in my garage. The tires are worn out, which the PO did not tell me until I was in Raleigh. TDBM, but bad on me for not asking for pics. You want em (wheels)? haha

Yeah, PM incoming..

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast