Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    spencers Guest

Part number sleuths, I need your help!

One of the clips on my microfilter housing cover will not clip in. It appears that the white piece that it locks into is gone.

Upon looking at RealOEM, it doesn't list a part number. I only see the spring clip itself (#8). I don't want to buy a whole microfilter housing just to get the part that it locks in to.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...47&hg=64&fg=10

The spring lock I'm talking about is #64318385244

The part I'm talking about is the white hole that the clip attaches to.

Any ideas on what the part number is would be great.

Dental cement, hot glue or epoxy in the hole with Dremel tool action, and voila, a new lock for the clip.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Dental cement, hot glue or epoxy in the hole with Dremel tool action, and voila, a new lock for the clip.
    That's not gonna work for Spence...though it may for some. You may have to visit a junk yard for this one. I say this having done no research. I will keep my eyes open and look around for ya.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You might have to buy #4 to get it
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Holy Crap, I'm right now looking for the same thing.

That white "socket" is melted into the housing from underneath, so none of the other various parts seem work (e.g. the battery cover fastener)

http://data.bmrparts.com/bmwparts/BM...11000004U.html

ABB has been the supplier to BMW for microfilter housing parts, so BMW might not ever lay eyes upon the fastener socket.

spencers Guest
    I find it odd if they're molded in.. I mean mine is completely gone! Yes, I too have thought about using one from the battery cover.. Probably doesn't fit, huh?

Glad to see that I'm not the only one out there with this problem.

I'll just have to find a used one at some point or just remove the spring clip (far right). Or I may try Oli's idea....

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    I find it odd if they're molded in.. I mean mine is completely gone! Yes, I too have thought about using one from the battery cover.. Probably doesn't fit, huh?
    Nope. Tried it. Right before reading your post, actually.

Mine's gone too (but on the left side) so I guess it's easy to break off the melted tab underneath that is supposed to be a "lifetime" mounting. (hey, where's the facepalm smiley?)

Also looked at the fastener from the right bulkhead 51718202799. The front twisty hooks into a metal clip but the back twisty locks into a white plastic square insert. Hopeful eh?

Turns out that insert is mounted in 64318362894 which is, .... wait for it... the "Microfilter housing, bottom part" number 3 in the above diagram if you look in the far right corner at the front, its that little tiny square so... there's no part number for that one either.

It's the Luger factor. I mean just take a look at that pistol. It's gorgeous. A marvel of intricate German engineering that jambs every fifth shot so you die.

spencers Guest
    Are you saying 51718202799 might work?

I just tried the orange interior trim clip. It works....but....it's hard to get it off again.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I just tried the orange interior trim clip. It works....but....it's hard to get it off again.
    Please explain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast