Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New owner from San Diego, CA

Hello everyone,

As some of you know already I got 2005 Imola Red ZHP from another board member.

Here is a little story. I’ve been driving manual transmission car from the day I got license up until 6 years ago when we moved in downtown Chicago. We (my wife and I) rarely needed to drive so keeping two cars was not financially sound. Since my wife still had to drive from time to time my car had to go. Since then, we got twin girls, moved to San Diego, and got minivan, etc. Things were fine but there’s always something missing, shifting gears myself. So, I started looking a couple of months ago. I initially started with the E60s but this with manual is really hard to come by. I looked less than hands full over two months. I almost gave up at that point. But, then, I found this car. The moment I saw it I knew I had to get this.

So, I’m here with my new ZHP. It’s just a couple of days of driving it but I like it a lot. The only thing I’m not comfortable now is the shifting, especially 1st-2nd. I know it’s been a while since I’ve driven manual but I’ve done it over 10 years before that. I’m surprised to find it this difficult (or, say, jerky). I heard a lot about CDV and maybe I should change that if I’m not getting any better soon. I’m definitely getting SSK as well. Other than that, I’ll just enjoy my car for some time before I do anything.

I do not have very good picture yet. This is the one I took while I’m driving back home. It was somewhere in Arizona.

Oh, I forgot this. I want to thank aurelius for great tips during purchase process. It helped a lot.
    Last edited by variate; 07-19-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy the car. Nice to have another imola red ZHP in San Diego.

Thanks, Marcus. Wow, that was quick. My office mate's name is Markus (German origin) so you seem very familiar to me.

Welcome from San Diego.

Welcome to the site from another San Diegan

A lot from San Diego. Hope to meet you guys sometime.

Welcome to the family. I don't have a manual so I can't add any insight there. Have fun with the car and I'm sure that will work out!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

We have a large San Diego mafia contingency here. Maybe we will see you at one of the meets. The socal euro meet is fast approaching (end of the month).

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Unfortunately I'm out of town for camping trip in that week. I think I'll go to one of monthly gathering. Weekday evening is generally better for me.

Then we will see you next month.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast