Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Oh, It's Happening

Ok, got my plane ticket for Michigan tomorrow to possibly finalize a deal on a 2004 ZHP. Negotiations have been fairly smooth and the owner has forwarded detailed pictures and assures he will produce detailed maintenance history. Going out to give it a drive, inspection and if all goes well will drive it eastward

Yay! Woot!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hopefully it works out

Yea, I'm taking a bit of a leap, but it should be an interesting adventure. If worst comes to worst I'll just fly back.

Good luck, sir!

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

I hope everything stacks up right. It will be an awesome road trip home. Plenty of time to bond with your new baby.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Yikes, did you ask someone to look at it for you before you made the trip? It's amazing what doesn't show up in pictures and sometimes other people's idea of something that is "great" is not really all that great in your mind. I flew to TX last weekend to pick up what I thought was a really nice 99 M3. The car was pretty much on the Mexican border, so I couldn't find anyone to take a look for me. It's still a good car for the price but not quite the "deal" that I had expected. Live and learn I suppose; I will never do that again.

I also learned the hard way that cruise control was an option on the E36 M3. I have never seen *any* E36 without cruise but this one definitely doesn't have it.

Good luck, can't wait to hear how it turns out!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Yea, I'm taking a bit of a leap, but it should be an interesting adventure. If worst comes to worst I'll just fly back.
    Even having someone in Denver checking mine out before I flew up, I had this mentality. Cost of an extra plane ticket is well worth long-term piece of mind. Good thing is, mine worked out well (although there are some small imperfections I wish I knew about during the negotiation process, but no dealbreakers).

Really take the time to look it all over and be willing to walk away. Hopefully you end up with an awesome car! Good luck!

Jason | 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | 6 Speed Manual | Imola Red | Natural Brown | BBS Style 197s | Awesomeness

That should be a fun drive back home!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast