Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb New Owner from Baltimore, MD

What's going on fellow ZHPers -

I'm the new owner of a 2004 330i ZHP, Jet Black on Sand Leather interior. I purchased the car with (what I'm hoping are) 50,000 original miles and it's been great driving it for the past few days.

Here she is after a fresh wash:

I hesitate a little because it seems as though my vehicle does not have the red needles and 6800 red line that ZHPs are suppose to come with:

Now looking back at the service records that were given to me from the gentleman I purchased it from, I do see something way back at around the 10,000 mile mark (which would have been the original owner, I'm now the 4th) that indicates something might have gone wrong with the instrument cluster in terms of turn signals. Would/could the dealer have replaced the instrument cluster with a non-ZHP one?

I do have the original window sticker that states that this vehicle was ordered with the ZHP package, and all the VINs on the car check out, so I'm hoping that it was just an over-sight of a previous dealer and not something malicious, like putting in a different instrument cluster to revert the mileage.

First, welcome to the forum.

Yeah. That's not the right instrument cluster for your car (as you know). For people who happen upon this thread, see the BMW 330 ZHP FAQ here.

I know if it was me, I would call the dealer and see if they can put the correct one back in. Why? Because you're going to have to explain this story to any prospective buyer down the road who knows these cars. Plus, you just want the right cluster.

As for whether it was an oversight, probably. Or there were no ZHP clusters available and the customer decided that he or she would go with the standard E46 cluster. Impossible to know, though.

Anyhow, I'd really want to get the right cluster in if it was me.

Congrats and welcome to the family. The cluster issue is odd. May have been a deal breaker for me. Maybe not though......since the mileage is stored in the OBC and the cluster (any cluster) would resynch to the actual driven miles on the car. I think you're safe. I would look into getting a ZHP cluster if I were you.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It may have been a deal breaker for me -- but only if I could not find a replacement. If I knew I could get a replacement, I'd be fine with it.

Please let us know, OP, if you have any trouble getting the right one.

Welcome to the site. I'd vote for getting the right cluster too, having the original sticker, etc is a nice bonus, so I agree that it doesn't sound malicious. Love Jet Black BTW.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome. If a new cluster isn't available, you should be able to find a used one.

If I were in his position I d the m3 cluster there is a company that supplies a kit that works. Im considering it as well. Benefits? Well he can get oil temp gauge which our cars don't have. Not to mention the uniqueness of it and imo looks good.
    Just my 2 cents

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jump on this ASAP.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...2F150578839037

So coupe is different than sedan according to compatibility check?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome!!! Love the color combo, that's what I looked for in a zhp foreverrrrrrrrrr

What part of b more? I'm staring at my work computer in hunt valley right now.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Thanks so much for the feedback & responses guys!

Honestly, I read the ZHP FAQs before purchasing this car and I just didn't notice the different instrument cluster until a friend pointed out that my red line was at 6500. Huge oversight on my part, but what's done is done...

I called BMW of Towson earlier to see if they could offer a price quote, but I don't think the guy fully understood the situation. Gave him last 7 of my VIN and hopefully they get back to me with good news.

M3TA5IN - I live in Canton, but work down in the Annapolis Junction area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast