Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Value of a 2005 ZHP with rebuilt title?

I'm new to BMW and the zhp scene. Looking at purchasing an '05 330i zhp with a reconstructed title. Red, 97,000 miles. $11,000. Ad can be seen here:
    http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2499780466.html

Anyone have thoughts? Too much? Good deal? We were told the car had left rear damage to quarter panel and bumper. No frame damage.

Jason

Jason, I find rebuilt/branded titles to be the toughest to value. It's more of an art than a science in my opinion.

In my case, I stay away from lemons, rebuilts, etc. That said, if I KNEW -- KNEW -- that I would never resell it, I would own one.

As for value, though, you need to figure out what a non-branded ZHP with nearly 100,000 miles would fetch. Then you can apply the branded-title discount after that.

A west coast ZHP with about 100K miles probably goes for about $12,500-$13,000. Only you can figure out what discount to give the car after that. Will you be keeping the car indefinitely? Will it be a headache to sell down the road? Those are all things that should be considered.

Good luck with it.

50 to 70% book value. Many factors to consider and never assume the work is correct even if the car "looks" good. I have owned a couple reconstructed cars, but I bought them wrecked and fixed them myself. I also would not buy any rebuilt car unless they had the full set of before pictures so you know the extent of damage/repair.

still salvage imo. You never know what types of things the seller or previous owners could be hiding. It's a matter of trusting their word for how much damage was sustained. I think it should go for about 9.5
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Even 9.5 i think is too much considering not that long ago someone was trying to get rid of a salvage title zhp with 38k miles for around 13k
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

^^ And, if I recall correctly, that guy was all over the map with the valuation, too. I think he listed the car several times -- at different prices.

Feels like a crapshoot with these cars. But good advice in this thread.

$8k

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You can buy mine for $1,000,000!

In all seriousness, a salvage title typically deducts about 20%-25% from a cars normal value. Therefore, I would say the price isn't too bad but don't buy it without looking at it. Make sure to look for all the little things in the spot it was hit as those are what are typically missed, and if it's missing them chances are the shop that did it didn't do a very good job. Obviously, make sure it drives straight and doesn't pull at all.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

See? Even in this thread, with educated people, we don't agree on a number to value these. One member has 50%-70% of book value. Another member has 75%-80% of book value.

Do we have any insurance industry people on our forum? Maybe one of them can weigh in too. I'd love to nail down a good rule of thumb.

Keep the dialogue going, guys.

My E30 has a salvage title but it wasn't badly damaged. The insurance company doesn't value a car like mine well, so even if I get a scratch or a small dent that's technically totaling my vehicle. Still drives fine, though, and doesn't have any abnormal tire wear or handling characteristics.

I know E46s and E30s is like apples to oranges, but I'm just throwing in my .02 when it comes to salvage titles. Like MasterC17 (Globemaster?) said: just make sure it doesn't pull and it drives straight, and keep an eye on the area where it got hit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast