Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thinking About A BMW E90.

So my zhp is extensively damaged and it may be totaled, it's on the line. I love the torque and the quieter interior of the E90. I feel like the E90 has more torque than my zhp, even though my zhp is rated to have more. Is it just me, or is the E90 330 torquier? Convince me to stick with the (or another) zhp...
    - Derek

My suggestion is to look around for a ZHP. Then, once you've test driven one, you should go and test drive an E90 330. Try to drive them back to back.

I personally prefer the ZHP over the E90 330 (2006). Not long ago, in fact, I had an E90 328 (2007). I'd take my ZHP every day of the week over that E90. But that's me.

You've simply got to make the choice that makes the most sense for you.

Best of luck on whatever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    My suggestion is to look around for a ZHP. Then, once you've test driven one, you should go and test drive an E90 330. Try to drive them back to back.

I personally prefer the ZHP over the E90 330 (2006). Not long ago, in fact, I had an E90 328 (2007). I'd take my ZHP every day of the week over that E90. But that's me.

You've simply got to make the choice that makes the most sense for you.

Best of luck on whatever you decide.
    I drive my mom's E90 328 regularly. Does it have more torque or is it just me? It seems like it winds up much faster too... is something wrong with my car?
    - Derek

It's been a while since I drove that E90. But I remember it being pretty strong for a 230HP engine. Decent torque. The E90 330, though, has even more HP (255, I believe).

You should check out Kris's review of both cars. He did a good job of detailing the differences.

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/articles/e90comparo

What's the mileage on your ZHP and did you do the Vanos rebuild yet?

My 325 had 100k when I did the Vanos and I swear it was like a new motor was dropped in the car. Huge difference in torque. Now mind you, my Vanos had gotten so bad that the car was actually bogging down enough to stall with the AC on.

Like Mark suggested, drive both and decide which you like more.

I personally never liked the e90s visually, but that's me.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I'd do an E46 M3 before an E90 330i

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    I'd do an E46 M3 before an E90 330i
    Most certainly.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The E90 330i can look good though. Here's a local E90 that turned out great.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413470

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    The E90 330i can look good though. Here's a local E90 that turned out great.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413470
    Yep. Chad's car looks good. Those Works look good on it, too.

The only way a pre-facelift E90 can possibly look good to me is with an M-Tech body kit. Otherwise, they look boring and uninspired to me.
    I think you do sacrifice a little bit of road feel with an E90. Don't they have electric steering? That numbs the driving experience. You really should drive them back to back to decide.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast