Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Tire Experience - What are you running and how do they run?

OK - I am new to the site. Just got my ZHP and in a few weeks it is going to need new rear boots.

I have some experience with Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions on my previous E46 M3. Good grip, horrible life and once they wore about 10K miles the noise was AWFUL.

Looking for a good all-season with decent life, doesn't have to be a killer high performance tire.

Any thoughts / suggestions / experience?

Thanks

Brian

I ran hankook venus v4s on my old e46. Had some decent direction tread and it was a 40k tire

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I have Bridsetone re760's on all four corners of my ZHP. Bought the car with them so I'm not sure how long they have been on the car. But they hold the road well, since they are some-what high performance tires on the freeway they are slightly noisy but very reasonable

I have the Yokohama AVIDEnvigor. UTQG of 520. All season tire. Economical price. Had them for maybe 10k miles. Very happy thus far.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I am happy with price and performance of the Sumitomo HtrZ. Tire Rack tested them and a few other tires with the 3 series-
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=149

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I will let you know what I end up getting.

Part of me thinks that I should go with a winter and summer set up - I do have a set of 18" M3 wheels - the only thing left from my last car <sad face>
    I know that there will be some fitment / offset things to deal with but with spacers etc. I could get it done.

On the other hand - having two sets of rubber has the tendency to raise the wife's eybrow...Need to save that for coil over or big brake kit or CH's.

B

Pilot SuperSports. Absofrickenlutely awesome. In every way. Except maybe for longevity, eventually. But for now, absofrickenlutely awesome.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Pilot SuperSports. Absofrickenlutely awesome. In every way. Except maybe for longevity, eventually. But for now, absofrickenlutely awesome.
    Price?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Marc, you saying you like these?

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Pirelli PZero Nero All Seasons.
    Were brand new and installed on the car when I bought the car. Not my choice. They are abysmal for auto-x. They get reeeeeeeally loud when low on tread (louder than I expected). They're 'OK' for street driving, though with this set I've had really bad luck. The two front were defective, so I had those replaced. Now the two front replacements are also defective. My suspension checks out and alignment is fine. Rears are excessive camber wear on the inside, which is no fault of the tires, but they are much louder than they should be. There is a corner I could take in the E30 at around 60 mph (360-degree exit ramp). I can't take that corner at more than ~52 with this car as the tires start fighting me.

So far, just rolled 30k on this set of tires, and they already need replacing. To me, that's not horrible tire life, but everyone else is saying that's phenomenal. I've never had a "high performance" car like this, so I wouldn't know...

The thing that reeeeeally irked me was that these tires are only rated for 136mph. FAIL. This completely ruined my top speed run plans.

My new set is going to be Continental DWS All Seasons.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast