Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've been running Falken FK-452 tires. Very pleased with them. Previous owners had them on the car when I bought the car. When the two rears wore down, I replaced them with Falken FK-452s again.

+1 for the Yokohama S. Drives. Have had them on the ZHP for about 20K, and there is still plenty of tread left. They have been to a couple of high performance driving schools, but they still have plenty of tread left. Also have them on an E36 318ti & they have been fantastic there too! That said, they may be a bit more performance-oriented then you are hunting for. Nonetheless, great in dry, wet, interstate, and tar & chip backroads (ie - no tramlining!), and holding up far better than the stock Bridgestones RE040 setup.

I'm also running Fallen FK-452s and these are also legacies from the previous owner. They're relatively new and they're the top of the line performance model for this brand. I'm surprisingly pleased with them and they compare well with the Michelin Pilot Sports I used to put on my other cars.

Current: 2004 Jet Black w/ tan ZHP 330 Convertible; MB SL 500, MB E500; Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition
    Previous: Lexus Pebble Beach Edition SC430; Silver Gray E46 M3 Convertible; Audi A4 1.8T; Acura Integra LS; 1st car: 1987 Honda Civic Si (new)

I just got a set of the Hankook ventus v12s for my 19s and I have about 700 miles on them and so far they ride great, are very quiet, have good on road grip. All much better than I thought for the price. I did a lot of research and chose them over the new supersports and saved about $350 on the set. I've had goodyear f1 assymetrics which gripped great but didnt give that great a feel, much noisier, and didn't last long. I've also had PS2s which were awesome in every area except for price and ride quality...

I'm running Nitto NT850, 225/45/18 square. $100/tire, All-season, 50K mile limited warranty, 30 day money back guarantee, non-directional. This is the review that convinced me to buy the tire, click here.

My own review.
    I put the Nitto NT850 on my new 18" wheels roughly 8 months/3k miles ago. They were my first 18" wheel and I was expecting a harsh ride compared to my OE 16" wheels. Didn't happen, my ride improved, my handling improved, and the cabin was quiet again. Great for all weather, although I do not drive very often when it snows, but I've heard good things about their winter performance.

My previous 16" wheels were wrapped in General Altimax HP, another $100, high mileage warranty, all-season tire. Absolutely terrible! They didn't handle for poop. After 14k miles the cabin noise started to get loud, and louder, and then so loud I thought I had a bad wheel bearing. They were great in the rain, and through standing water, but that was it.
    Prior to the generals I ran 2 sets of Kumho Ecsta ASX, a $100 (can you tell I don't like to spend more than $100/tire? lol), Ultra high performance, 30k mile warranty tire. They were great for the 7-10K miles they lasted me. I did a few auto-x's with one set of the these tires, and the handling was great. They were always quiet. Not the best when it was raining w/ water on the road, and terrible in the snow/ice. They just wore out toooooo quick.

My driving style is "spirited" when I get on curvy back roads, although I do the majority of my driving on the interstate. While driving in Mexico* and hitting speeds of 90-110mph, the Nitto tires were just as quiet and smooth. I no longer Auto-x so I can't say how they'll perform on the track.

I'll be sticking w/ the Nitto NT850 from now on. The performance and handling is comparable to the Kumho Ecsta Asx, but w/ better all season/ all weather comfort, and longer lasting tread.

(*)-Driving in Mexico, because speeds of that excess are illegal in the USA.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I'm running Nitto NT850, 225/45/18 square. $100/tire, All-season, 50K mile limited warranty, 30 day money back guarantee, non-directional. This is the review that convinced me to buy the tire, click here.

My own review.
    I put the Nitto NT850 on my new 18" wheels roughly 8 months/3k miles ago. They were my first 18" wheel and I was expecting a harsh ride compared to my OE 16" wheels. Didn't happen, my ride improved, my handling improved, and the cabin was quiet again. Great for all weather, although I do not drive very often when it snows, but I've heard good things about their winter performance.

My previous 16" wheels were wrapped in General Altimax HP, another $100, high mileage warranty, all-season tire. Absolutely terrible! They didn't handle for poop. After 14k miles the cabin noise started to get loud, and louder, and then so loud I thought I had a bad wheel bearing. They were great in the rain, and through standing water, but that was it.
    Prior to the generals I ran 2 sets of Kumho Ecsta ASX, a $100 (can you tell I don't like to spend more than $100/tire? lol), Ultra high performance, 30k mile warranty tire. They were great for the 7-10K miles they lasted me. I did a few auto-x's with one set of the these tires, and the handling was great. They were always quiet. Not the best when it was raining w/ water on the road, and terrible in the snow/ice. They just wore out toooooo quick.

My driving style is "spirited" when I get on curvy back roads, although I do the majority of my driving on the interstate. While driving in Mexico* and hitting speeds of 90-110mph, the Nitto tires were just as quiet and smooth. I no longer Auto-x so I can't say how they'll perform on the track.

I'll be sticking w/ the Nitto NT850 from now on. The performance and handling is comparable to the Kumho Ecsta Asx, but w/ better all season/ all weather comfort, and longer lasting tread.

(*)-Driving in Mexico, because speeds of that excess are illegal in the USA.
    Do those come in an 19" wheel size do you know?
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

I found the NT850+ CUV in 19", but it's an ultra high performance tire and the price shoots way up. Sizing chart

I did a Google shopping search for Nitto NT850 18, and found tires. Then when I typed Nitto NT850 19, I didn't get anything, which leads me to believe they weren't available in 19".

Btw, after a quick search, I'm surprised at how little info I was able to find on the NT850.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

okie dokie, thanks ryan!
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

I'm running the Continential DWS all-season. Great rain tire, very good for summer (not excellent), but not so good when we had a little snow. Also, wear is pretty fast. On the recently sold coupe, got a nail in one so replaced both rear tires and then noticed I was at about half tread after only 6.5K miles. Could have just been a bad batch or tire pressure difference as the conv has the exact same tire and 8K miles and they have about 2/3rds tread. Was running the coupe at BMW recommended tire pressures (47/39) and run the convertible at 3 psi below the recommendation (wife said the ride was too harsh at recommended pressures).

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I am using the Hankok Ventus HRII in 205/45/17 square. Tires have a little over 10K miles on them and barely look used. They have started making more and more noise. Grab well in dry or wet, but are absolutely useless in snow.

325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast