Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    +1 for the Yokohama S. Drives. Have had them on the ZHP for about 20K, and there is still plenty of tread left.
    +1 on the S.drives. I had a set on my 18" RGRs that lasted 19k miles, rotating them every 3k. I've put a set on my rear OEM wheels and have the fronts on order. As of now, the fronts are still AVS ES100s and they don't mix very well with the S.drive rear - tramlines like a son-of-a-gun! As the Yokos on my RGRs are worn out, am looking for something different, maybe.

I'm surprised more people aren't running the Conti DWS. I'm also surprised to read that they wore out so quickly. I might look into those Yokohamas I saw earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    I'm surprised more people aren't running the Conti DWS. I'm also surprised to read that they wore out so quickly. I might look into those Yokohamas I saw earlier.
    DWS negatives for me are expense and longevity.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I just installed the Conti DWS all around (replacing Bridgestone re760 on rear and General brand UHP on front). I went with the DWS since I will have to make a lot of trips up into the mountains (Big Bear is a local mountain) to deal with an ailing mom.

After 1,000 miles in 3 days (drove to San Francisco and back to San Diego) I can say:

Quiet ride
    increased mileage by about 2 mpg
    Slick tires compared to the Bridgestone or General (lots more understeer and I can now break the backend loose with a little throtle, never could do it before).
    Have no idea about rain or snow yet. Nor wear.

What I do need is an alignment. My car has been perfect since I bought it almost 5 years and 70,000 miles ago. Now with these new tires, it pulls to the right. I switched the fronts to see if there was some radial bias, but nope, still pulls to the right. AARRGGHH

Anyone know a good and economical place in San Diego for an alignment????

Three pedal ZHP

I don't mess around with alignments. Clarence Brown in Kearny Mesa.

Quote Originally Posted by SC4ME View Post
    I just installed the Conti DWS all around (replacing Bridgestone re760 on rear and General brand UHP on front). I went with the DWS since I will have to make a lot of trips up into the mountains (Big Bear is a local mountain) to deal with an ailing mom.

After 1,000 miles in 3 days (drove to San Francisco and back to San Diego) I can say:

Quiet ride
    increased mileage by about 2 mpg
    Slick tires compared to the Bridgestone or General (lots more understeer and I can now break the backend loose with a little throtle, never could do it before).
    Have no idea about rain or snow yet. Nor wear.

What I do need is an alignment. My car has been perfect since I bought it almost 5 years and 70,000 miles ago. Now with these new tires, it pulls to the right. I switched the fronts to see if there was some radial bias, but nope, still pulls to the right. AARRGGHH

Anyone know a good and economical place in San Diego for an alignment????
    Good reason why your car may pull is because your alignment was probably done when you have interior wear on the side of the tire. So now mounting new tires that don't have the wear...your alignment will be off until it's adjusted.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Dealer installed them when I bought the car. Put 7K on them so far and no complaints. Mostly highway miles, but also some spirited back road driving. Plenty of grip for what I'm doing. I haven't driven in the rain much because of the drought-like conditions down here in Texas. I don't really have a comparison for road noise because everything else I ride in is a big SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    DWS negatives for me are expense and longevity.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Yeah I was thinking that they might wear out quickly due to their high performance nature. Plus, I've only been looking on Tire Rack, so I'll expand my horizons!

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    I'm running the Continential DWS all-season. Great rain tire, very good for summer (not excellent), but not so good when we had a little snow. Also, wear is pretty fast.
    I had a friend run these on his WRX and he was very pleased with them. If I were going to be running all seasons I would have looked at these for my ZHP. I ended up going with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and have been very pleased with them. Since I have a set of "snow" tires in my garage (Firestone WinterForce tires) it made sense to go with the Michelins for my style 135's. These are much improved over the run-flats that I previously had.

For summer performance tires, I know - you are looking for all seasons, these tires are simply awesome. 20 mph cloverleafs and doing 60, these tires are still holding... it's just an incredible feeling, not that I do this all the time but occasionally during spirited driving. In rain, these tires seem to grip well. I haven't hydroplaned once, although I'm driving much slower in adverse weather....don't want to cause any accidents or hurt my ZHP! These tires seem to hold their own very well in wet surfaces.

Pricing, however was much more expensive than the Hankooks that I am using on my ///M. My PSS ran $1200 for the set (the Hankooks ran about half this price for the set). So far these tires seem to wear well. I just clocked over 4k on them so far. I'm sure the rears will wear out but I have lots of tread and think I can go two seasons with my current driving style before I will have to look at replacing the rear set. I would buy these again for my ZHP

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I don't mess around with alignments. Clarence Brown in Kearny Mesa.
    Thank you Marcus, will have to give them a call.

Three pedal ZHP

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast