Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Good reason why your car may pull is because your alignment was probably done when you have interior wear on the side of the tire. So now mounting new tires that don't have the wear...your alignment will be off until it's adjusted.
    Actually, I have not had the car aligned since I bought it. It has been that good (and I am anal about avoiding potholes, etc). This last set of tires did have uneven wear on the fronts, the right had much more wear on the inside (lots of camber FTW). I'm planning on replacing the struts, CAs and Bushings, sways, etc in the next 20,000 mile before I need tires again. Was hoping I could wait until then. Probably have to bite the bullet and go visit Clarence Brown.

Three pedal ZHP

After much deliberation, I actually opted for the Continental DWS instead of the Hankook Ventus. Really for piece of mind come colder weather. I'm excited to get rid of these Goodyear F1 A/S tires. They're noisy.

I'm glad to hear that other owners are having good experiences with the DWS. I have been planning on buying some for a month or two. I'll probably order next week.

My neighbor had a somewhat disappointing experience with the DWS. He said that although they are a fantastic tire, he felt the handling in the rain could have been better. Granted, he was driving a GTi, so his results might be skewed. He mentioned that when he bought his Hyundai, it came with Hankooks. He loves the Hankooks.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    DWS negatives for me are expense and longevity.
    The specs on the DWS looked impressive (Uniform Tire Quality Grading was treadwear of 540, traction of A, temperature of A and 50k mile warranty). I'm looking at 17s @ $138/tire, which I didn't find too be too expensive.

You said your tires don't normally last long though?

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Just got Continental DWS' installed, 235/35-18 all around. My goodness, these tires are awesome! Just went out for a spirited drive and where my old tires were squealing (even when new), these new ones not only took it at higher speeds, but didn't make a peep. I love these bad boys and have the feeling that this will be a long and happy relationship...

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Getting my DWS in about 2 weeks - can't wait to get rid of the OEM summer Michelin Pilots ... (have 25k on them and they're toast)
    Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    After much deliberation, I actually opted for the Continental DWS instead of the Hankook Ventus. Really for piece of mind come colder weather. I'm excited to get rid of these Goodyear F1 A/S tires. They're noisy.
    Well... you gents that already have the DWS's please keep us updated on longevity.

I did note on one of the tire merchant websites that DWS's have those three letters marked on the tires that will wear off as the tire wears. When the 'S' wears off, the tires no longer retain their originally designed handling characteristics in the snow. They claim this happens at around 50% tread wear. I'm interested to see some numbers...

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Nexen n3000s have been working well on my daily driver for the past 20k. Solid in the rain (living in San Diego mind you); handle well and tread seems to be holding up nicely. Lower cost alternative I suppose but I've been impressed with them. Recommended by a fellow Mafia member.

If living in San Diego, Bear's Tires (www.bearstires.com) in Miramar would be my recommendation as they were referred by the same individual. Approx $225 out the door for two rear tires including install, disposal, etc. I don't believe it was a special/sale; typical cost.
    Last edited by JHiggy; 08-18-2011 at 01:16 PM.

1 week on my Conti DWS', about 600 miles. I am very impressed. I haven't been able to get these to squeal once despite some heavy cornering. I didn't for a second feel that I was losing grip, though that was probably only at about 85% effort in some corners (haven't had a chance to track them yet). There's only so much one can do on the street...

I am not at all regretting my purchase, nor do I regret going to a 235 square setup. I cringe at the thought of not having the OEM size in the back (255), but traction is just fine. The only way I could get these to spin at the moment is if I do a hard launch from a standstill; otherwise, I haven't been able to get sideways anywhere yet.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I will def. post my impressions when i get them - i might wait as long as I can to coincide my next oil change @ the same place/time to save a trip, as i live in the boonies, sort of.

I hope the TR impressions/test stay true with my personal experience...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I've driven about 35 miles on the DWS. So far, they are great. Quiet, decent grip and noticeably smoother than the previous (and worn out) Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S. I'll check in come 1K miles from now.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    what about the Nitto NT 555? any experience with those? i have them on my rears and about to get new ones. i like them but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast