Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Coilovers work well for some while springs work well for others. I have both. Not both on the same car...but different cars serve different purposes and I felt the daily driven BMW didn't need a coilver kit because I was never going to adjust the dampening or the ride heigth, basically eliminated the need for coilovers. My prelude on the other hand needs to be able to adjust and therefore I have coilovers on it. I wouldn't knock either of those two H&R kits that the tirerack sells for our cars one BP was referring too $600-$679 and they come with MATCHED shocks and springs. Both kits are decently priced and H&R is tried and true. A Good coilover kit starts around $900-$1100) OP: Figure out if you want/need adjustability and go from there in making a decision.

I have the H&R race springs. My rear struts were shot and I put in Bilstein Sports when I installed the springs. The fronts were never touched, my stock shocks are still fine. Just had one off a few weeks ago, not leaking, still works flawlessly. Since installing the springs on my stock front struts...I have auto-x'd my car 4 times, and had it BeaveRun for a track day, and put just shy of 8k miles on my car...everything so far so good I inspect them often
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Sorry, I am not on stock shocks.... I got a surprise today when I finally properly looked. I turned they are h&r shocks with h&r springs!!!! Major shock for me, it explains why my car is so firm lol. My PO thought the car was stock save for the grilles and angel eyes!
    I bet it was a major shock.

Herp derp derp

The only thing I know is that if I were going to get lowering springs I would probably just go ahead and spend the extra moola to get sport shocks - even if the springs say you don't need new shocks. Other than that, though, I actually have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this thread. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    If they are H&R shocks, then you must have the H&R cup kit, correct?
    yep!

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    I have intentions of pairing H&R springs with Koni sport shocks and struts. The ones I'm looking at are ok to use with stock springs or for lowering springs. All of the common wear items like strut tower bearings and shock mounts will be replaced as well.

Rockin' Tapatalk on my rooted Fascinate.
    Curious if you went with this setup as I'm looking to do the same.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Curious if you went with this setup as I'm looking to do the same.
    I haven't done it yet. Gotta get the money saved for the shocks. I have everything else I need...just keep finding crap that needs paying for before them. You know, stupid crap like car insurance and electric bills.

Sent from my TI-85 with Tapatalk 4
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

I hear ya. My AC just now went out and we are having the hottest week in Vegas the next few days. Perfect timing. Thanks for the reply.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I recently swapped out my OEM suspension with an H&R Touring Cup kit (130k mi). It only dropped it about 0.4" (I didnt want a big drop, already hit speed bumps, driveways, etc) but is much more firm. However, my original shocks/struts were beyond worn, one tool over an hour to fully rebound from being compressed.

Ride is awesome. Can really feel the difference in corners and the ride is a bit more stiff. Perfect.

Three pedal ZHP

Well done.

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Fresh suspension is the best

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast