Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Lowering springs

I love the ride quality of my Zhp , but I also want to lower my ride height .What kind of springs work really well?

Tough to pair lowering springs with stock shocks. I think H&R is what most get.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

i have got h&r on stock shocks. ride is FIRM, I have never driven a stock ZHP so I wouldn't know how the ride quality compares...sometimes I want to rip out my springs for stock comfort But the handling is good :D it's only bad for me because Cali has the worst potholes ever.

With that said, h&r is firm, handels well, pretty comfortable but not if you have lots/bad potholes around in your area

good luck!

I've got H&R Race on and love them. Ride quality is hardly affected (and I drove it with stock suspension before). Check my sig to see how it looks when race springs installed.

Yup i Live in SF so the roads are full of potholes

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    coilovers>springs
    Not cost-wise, my friend. Cost-wise, springs>coilovers.

Coilovers ain't cheap. Not ones worth getting, anyway.
    OP, interested in getting coilovers, or just want springs?

I have an H&R Cup Kit on mine, which includes the H&R Race Springs. I love it; the perfect amount of low (no gap) but isn't at all uncomfortable.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

OP didn't say budget was a concern. Additionally, E46 owners that replace just springs will often find that soon after, their stock shocks are blown out. By the time they replace the springs and the worn shocks, they could have just put that money towards a set of coilovers and had a wider range of adjustability.

Buy nice or buy it twice.

Well said Eli.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Eli words are very true. Spend the money doing it right the first time. You will not only save money later on.

When it comes to your suspension you dont want to mess around being cheap, more importantly you will be missing out on the quality of the ride you are expecting. Time is what you will spend trying to find the right combination switching out springs and then doing shocks and struts later on.

Do it right the first time (trust me I tried to do it my way costed me a whole lot more than it should have).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast