Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tirewack

Thread unlocked.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Did you have to buy another tire Pooter?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I have bought tires from Tire Rack 5 times, and one time had an out-of-round tire - called them, and had a new tire delivered to the installer next day - no questions asked. GREAT customer service, IMO!
    What the OP demanding is um, not fair at all, IMO.
    TR response is fully understandable, and correct.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I want to understand some of the responses in this thread.

Are you guys, who do not agree with Pooters, saying that he should not have driven on the tire? In other words, he should have caught the problem before mounting the tires and then immediately called Tirerack.com?

But because he drove it home first, and then noticed the problem, Tirerack's response is acceptable?

I'm an issues guy. Please explain why there seems to be some resistance to Pooter's situation.

Thanks, guys.

I think your analysis of the comments is correct boss.

The shop that mounted his tires should have mentioned to defect to him though.

From what I have read, if you drive at all, the tire reseller will almost always claim pothole or inappropriate mounting device (in case of runflats).
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Great. At least I think I understand the issues now.

In sum: Pooters drove the car and did not notice the defect. The installer should have noticed.

Pooters noticed the tire defect after putting a few miles on them.

Pooters calls tirerack.com.

Tirerack.com says that, sorry, you've already driven on these. We have no idea whether it was a defect or the customer damaged the tire. If you had not driven the car, we would gladly take the tire back. Since you've driven on them, it's our policy to deny the claim.

My conclusion: I generally agree with tirerack.com's policy. I could see tirerack getting jammed up by dishonest people. However, I feel bad for Pooters in this situation because he isn't one of those scammers. Indeed, a policy like this will snare some innocent people every now and then.

Thanks, guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12