Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Yeah I mean everything about the intake looks correct except my boot is messed up. It's really bothering me too. I emailed aFe but have yet to hear back.
    Hopefully Afe will response to your email. What about picking up bew intake boots?
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    Hopefully Afe will response to your email. What about picking up bew intake boots?
    I was thinking about it but chances are they'll be the same length so I'm still out of luck.

Unless someone has them and can comment on their length?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Weird! I've installed numerous intakes from AFE and other brands in e46s and never really had this problem. I still think the air box is set just enough back to cause this. Do you still have the factory airbox? If so I would swap them out to see what happens. I've seen both the heatshield being bent just enough to cause alignment problems and the velocity stack mass air flow sensor not being 100 percent put together.

Just trying to help you out.

Mikeyb--no worries. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. I'll re-install the stock airbox and take some pics. I have a good friend flying in from Ohio staying with me and she leaves tuesday so if I don't have time to get to it before then I'll do it next week.

Thanks!
    -Chris-

Ok so upon further investigation I broke this. Runs allllll the wayyy down in the engine bay. How bad is it/is my car drivable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Its a vac line. Easily fixable with a new connecting hose. Pull off both pieces of outer rubber and affix with a new one. As a cheap fix you can use a piece of metal tubing and shove the two pieces together. Some track day fixes for your Daily Driver
    So the line inside the rubber connector was never connected to itself? It was just the outer rubber? Ok that makes me feel better.

Any other quick fixes? Heatshrink?That could be found in a garage before say work at 8am tomorrow? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    That would also work. But if you have an old Antenna for an RC car or something, that can be broken into an inch long piece, and wedged in between them. I've got several 'rigged' vac lines. I don't have time to replace the ones deep behind the intake manifold. I've had no issues in the year that I've had them like that.
    Lol the r/c antenna was the first thing I grabbed. Too small though. I found some tube in my garage up in the garden section and it fit perfectly. Good thing my dads a pack rat.

Nice. I think we need some DIYs on track day fixes from our track rats. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Hey Chris did you ever figure out what was causing this?

No I didn't. Haven't had time to really dig around under the hood here at school. Engineering school is kicking my butt with all the work. Since there is a slight crack in the upper boot around the sensor input I may be switching my boots for some nice stett boots here in the next few months. I'll see if that fixes it. Other than that I can't think of too much else to do since there's not much wiggle room in there.
    -Chris-

Wish I had found this thread earlier, probably irrelevant by now but I had the same issue. With me, the wiring harness that sits next to the intake boot near where the boot connects to the AFE intake can get stuck behind the boot squishing it. By moving the wiring harness in front of the boot you remedy the problem. Stett sells silicon boots; I may be getting them because the AFE likes to squash things and they are a lot stronger.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I've already replied to this thread...lol

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

haha thanks for the reply though. On mine, the harness does sit in front of the boot. I think the aFe intake just pushes it back further and the boot isn't strong enough to push back. I'm hoping a silicone boot will fix it because I don't think there's any other option.
    -Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
    EDIT: Upon further inspection, I've already replied to this thread...lol
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234