Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NICE!!! Good work You'll be fine with that for a long while. Check it whenever you're under the hood to make sure it's not loose or undone.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Thanks. Had a quick panic attack but learned something new. Not too familiar with under the engine stuff but learning more and more every day! Thanks once again guys!
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

I've had mine do this as well, if it's the same problem I had the big harness running under the intake is probably behind the intake boots, just slip it forward and everything should align in place. Picture to show you what I'm talking about. The thing circled in red is what I'm talking of. In my picture it is how it's supposed to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Still haven't had many luck straightening this out. Today I loosened all of the hose clamps and tried to move the two boot pieces around to make it straighter but didn't have any luck. Not sure what I can do. Seems like the upper intake boot needs to be about 1.5-2.5" shorter to fit correctly. From looking at it from the outside there looks to be about an inch of room inside where it's smushed.

More pics:

MAF:
    -Chris-

Ima take a pic of mine tonight....so we can compare. I think it may just need to be rotated?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I tried rotating it. Unfortunately the clamp on the lower part of the lower intake boot is facing downward.....so I can't easily get to it. I did try to rotate the upper boot but didn't have any luck. The lower boot needs to be moved further back which I could possibly do if I could rotate it.

I'm going to email aFe as well and see what they say. I may end up having to take some stuff off to get to that other clamp.
    -Chris-

Chris did you have a picture of the intake? I just had a 330ci customer have the same issue. The intake was set back just enough to bend the intake boot.

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Just this one.

-Chris-

Your intake looks correctly installed. I looked at mine at lunch to compare them.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Yeah I mean everything about the intake looks correct except my boot is messed up. It's really bothering me too. I emailed aFe but have yet to hear back.
    -Chris-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast