Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Marcus is right for selling the BMW 330 ZHP

Marcus is right for selling the ZHP. I miss my car that I sold to Marcus. I sold it for the wrong reason. Marcus is selling it for the right reason. It's the best car the both of us have owned to this point. This car needs to be driven and seen. I hope I can meet the new owner and stay in touch. It is my intention to own this car again in my lifetime. If I need to do a total restoration if ever get my hands on it again, it will happen. Is it a collectors item, NO. Is it rare in the sense it's a ZHP and the color combo and options, I would say YES. Marcus will be here for awhile. Just like me.

Jeff, well said.

This is, without question, the best BMW I've owned. I said that even when I simultaneously owned a 335 with nearly 400 HP. The ZHP is a well-rounded package that just can't be beat. One only needs to drive it 40 or so miles to understand.

Do I regret selling? Not at all. Do I regret anything? Absolutely! I wish I drove it more when I did own it. For those of you babying these cars (in terms of mileage), don't. I had a smile on my face everytime I drove it.

The new owner, a ZHPMafia.com member (and local San Diego guy), loves this car. He'll reintroduce the car to the forum if he wants anyone to know that he owns the car. Otherwise, let me just say that it's in good hands.

Jeff, I did tell the new owner that you would be interested in buying it if he ever sells it. I'd love to see it end up back in your court down the road. You're a fabulous owner.

Mark, I read the newsletter this morning as I was getting ready for work, and I have to say my heart sunk a little. I can't believe it, but at the same time your reasoning was spot on and you've been talking about that porsche since I joined this site. Porshce>zhp for sitting in the garage not being driven Your reasons for selling are the same reasons I sold my NSX. I've never felt like to announcing it because I regret my decision at times, people just slowly find out one by one that its gone and most get upset, its stupid really. (a friend bought it so I still get to drive it here and there) You have guts sir...I'm sure people will flame ya a bit, but good for you for doing what needed to be done. You can get another ZHP when Zippy turns 16. It will be all sweet like E30's are now
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

That was quick! Guess I need to check my email!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Honestly when I first started reading it, I was disappointed. But I can completely understand where you are coming from. My dad goes through the same with his M6. Although he does try to drive it as much as he can, it sits more than it is driven...car like these are meant to be driven as the value only depreciates

Now onto the Porsche, that is a very logical decision, especially anything aircooled. They are amazing vehicles and values only climb with time. I really want a Porsche next, I started looking at ads online and found that up to 996, the values are soooo high for even non-turbos, even with high miles and they will only rise over time. Smart move Marcus I hope to see the new owner of your pristine ZHP on here though

Kristen, thanks for the note.

So far, the response has been positive. The initial reaction is surprise, of course. However, no one can argue that my logic is flawed. This is a car that must be driven and enjoyed on a regular basis. Whether this car is driven or parked, it's depreciating. One should enjoy the hell out of a depreciating asset. Remember that!

My priorities changed almost immediately after getting the ZHP. I was supposed to have a commute. The ZHP was going to be my beater. A week after buying it, I ended up working from my home office. Four weeks after that, we found out that we would be having a baby. Talk about a major turn of events.

So, rather than put about 40 miles a day on the car, I ended up putting about 3 miles a day on it (on average, since I typically drove the car a few times a month).

I was more concerned about how members of ZHPMafia.com would react to the founder of ZHPMafia.com selling it. I wasn't concerned that you'd think I was foolish for selling it. Instead, I was concerned that you'd find it odd that the founder of ZHPMafia.com doesn't drive a ZHP -- any ZHP. Keith, though, talked some sense into me. He said (paraphrasing) that ZHPMafia.com is more than our cars. It's about the people. It's about the relationships. It's about the community. Once I got that message, I quickly prepared the car for sale.

I approached two people about buying it. The first potential buyer was looking for something a bit different. He wanted heated seats for his part of the country. My car does not have the cold weather package. The second potential buyer immediately committed to the car. I was on vacation when we agreed to a deal in principle.

I got home on Tuesday night (July 19). I took the car to Euro Auto Spot on Wednesday morning. They put new front rotors and brake pads on the car. That's all the car needed. I did the transfer of the car on July 22.

I'm happy that the car will now be a daily driver. As Jeff said earlier, this car should be seen (it should not be sequestered). It should be driven.

My new chapter has been fun (car shopping). Once I get the new car, I will be sure to post up a thread, detailing how the search went. I will be sure to chronicle all of the cars I found along the way (and go into detail why I didn't get some of them). You'll enjoy the write up.

Well it would have been a great 1st car for Zippy, but I can understand your reasoning. I've considered selling my garage queen, but on those once every couple weeks when I take her out I know I could never let her go. And besides, nobody would pay what I feel she's worth, lol.

I wish you luck on the new adventure of finding the perfect Porsche.

But, one question is on my mind, What does Mr. ZHP himself consider worthy enough to dd? Please to God, don't say a Prius.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

i think he has a Jeep machine of some sort...
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

LOL. No Prius in my future. Just not me.

A great DD? The ZHP. It's the perfect DD as far as I can tell.

I have not had a commute since 1999. All of my cars have been for pleasure. From 1994 (when I first started my journalism career) until present, I have commuted once (and that was mass transit in San Francisco during 1997-1999; no car necessary).

But the ZHP would make a tremendous DD. With that said, I think that most 3-series cars would make great DDs. The E46 in particular was simply well done. One of the best platforms ever as far as I'm concerned.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast