Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For Sale (SOLD): 2004 BMW 330i ZHP - 108k miles, Imola/Blk Alcantara, 6MT, Tulsa, OK, $12,500

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    EDIT: Price Reduction from $14,750 to $12,500.

Found this one searching craigslist... Exchanged emails with the guy. Email was polite and he seems knowledgeable enough. Sounds like a pretty nice car. I asked him if I could post the car here, and he was appreciative.

It's right in my price range, and not too far of a drive for me, but it's a little more mileage than I want for a daily driver.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/2513496386.html

Here's his response to my brief inquiry...
    Hi, The mileage is right around 109,700. i do have cloth/alcantara seats with a leather m3 steering wheel. the other steering wheel was old and the alcantara peeled really bad. the pass rear wheel does have some curb rash but the others are in good shape including the spare. let me know if you have any questions or would like to set up a time to take a look at it. thank you for your time.

michael
    If this car had a few less miles, I'd be all over it.

Cheers,
    SC
    Last edited by Marcus-SanDiego; 08-22-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: price reduction

Overpriced for the mileage and region of the country he lives in. Should be more like $12K-$12,500.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Overpriced for the mileage and region of the country he lives in. Should be more like $12K-$12,500.
    What areas would it be worth what he's asking for? My ZHP is almost identical to this one, besides being an 05 and the mods I have (coilovers, headers, exhaust). Would it be closer to his asking price if he lived further north (IL, WI, MN)?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Quote Originally Posted by AzkotikBMW View Post
    What areas would it be worth what he's asking for? My ZHP is almost identical to this one, besides being an 05 and the mods I have (coilovers, headers, exhaust). Would it be closer to his asking price if he lived further north (IL, WI, MN)?

East coast is the only place that would get away with that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    East coast is the only place that would get away with that price.

Makes sense then....I paid 16k for mine....but I bought it from MD.

Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Interesting, Marcus. I don't think I've seen a single ZHP listed for the prices you're talking about, unless they had 120,000+ miles on them. From my searching travels, I didn't think he was that far off. I realize the listing prices are higher than the actual selling prices, but... Wow. Every similar car I find, regardless of miles, is at least $14k or so. Every time I find one cheaper than that, it's an automatic, and it's usually pushing 100k miles.

Good to know, though. I might actually be interested in the car if I could buy it for $12k or even $12.5k. If he still has it in a couple of weeks, I'll link him up to this thread and see what he thinks. A car like this could make a decent daily driver for me. I kind of don't want a car that's too nice because this place isn't gentle on cars. Reliability is most important to me. Tulsa is only a 7.5-hour drive from me, so it's closer than most of my options, too.

SC

Yeah those listed numbers make me chuckle. The actual sale prices will be lower. Don't pay $14.5k for a car with 100k+ miles in the southwest.

I know listing prices are inflated and sale prices lower, but... Are you telling me that some of the cars (with ~80k miles on them) that I'm seeing in the southeast and southwest (Atlanta, Dallas, etc.) for the $16-17k ballpark could actually be had for close to two grand less than the asking prices?

SC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I know listing prices are inflated and sale prices lower, but... Are you telling me that some of the cars (with ~80k miles on them) that I'm seeing in the southeast and southwest (Atlanta, Dallas, etc.) for the $16-17k ballpark could actually be had for close to two grand less than the asking prices?

SC
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I'd be paying $2000 less.

I've also had the pleasure of talking to people who bought cars off this site. I knew the listed prices. I know what they ultimately paid.

I consider most prices aspirational. A starting place to negotiate.

I love to negotiate.

I paid slightly more than that guy's asking price 3 years ago when my car had 74k on it in northern Virginia.

i don't think that car is worth more than 11 to maybe 12 in super good shape with those miles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast