Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mike Miller Old School Maintenance Schedule for BMW

I looked into this after seeing it mentioned in a thread and then posted some info here before Marcus pointed out (in a much kinder and more professional way than I deserved) that I was posting copyrighted material-- which is apparently frowned upon by the law abiding citizens attempting to protect their intellectual property.

So anyhow, I understand that if you shoot Mike an email, you can get a copy of his latest Old School Maintenance Schedule which is what he believes the maintenance schedules for our cars essentially would be if it weren't for the free maintenance program.

His email is mikemillerroundelmag@drivewheels.hush.com

Thanks again Marcus for taking care of my dumb @ss.
    Last edited by kayger12; 12-10-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Keith, I am here for ya. Mike will tell you that he doesn't want his stuff posted because he tweaks it periodically. I respect that. Anyhow, he will email you the schedule.

It's copyrighted? ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    :
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

How is something like that copyrighted? I kept my mouth shut till someone else brought it up.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

He composed the article. His intellectual property. He gets a copyright without having to do anything else (he doesn't have to file for a copyright). Just like a news article. No difference here.

Mmmmmm..
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You'll have to trust me, DW.

If you wrote an article right now, you'd have an immediate copyright in it. No one could come along and peddle it as their own. They could use some of it -- under the fair-use doctrine -- but they would not be able to reprint the entire thing without your permission.
    Last edited by danewilson77; 12-12-2010 at 11:43 AM.

I actually found it online somewhere. I really had to look though as almost nobody posted it, but there is a thread on Bf.c with it.
    He definitely tweaks it, because the one I found is a little different than the one I remember. Apparently cooling system stuff he thinks should now be done at 60k; I always remembered it as being 90k.

I just wish there was a SET interval, a no-lying list FROM BMW that tells us when to replace things, even if they think it doesn't need replacing, with reasonable intervals. None of that 15k oil change bologna.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    You'll have to trust me, DW.

If you wrote an article right now, you'd have an immediate copyright in it. No one could come along and peddle it as their own. They could use some of it -- under the fair-use doctrine -- but they would not be able to reprint the entire thing without your permission.

Got eeeeeeeet. I trust you.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I actually found it online somewhere. I really had to look though as almost nobody posted it
    I was monitoring my traffic this morning and saw that someone was looking for Mike Miller's maintenance schedule. Then I saw your comment about it being difficult to find.

Wanted to give people some insight into why that is. Mike Miller is rabid about doing "take downs." If he finds his maintenance schedule posted on a site, he'll send the site administrator a take-down notice. As a result, it's difficult to find it posted on a widespread basis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast