Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Wet Driver's Side Floor/Where is the Sunroof Drain?/Where is the A/C Condensation Tube?

Hey all,

I dropped a quarter behind my driver's seat. When feeling around for it, I noticed the carpet was a bit damp/sorta wet. Then I noticed the whole front carpet is damp/sorta wet.

Pretty sure this is either from the a/c or a gunked-up sunroof drain tube. Anyone have any good methods of cleaning these and know where they are?

Thanks,
    Peter

There are four of them, each at a corner of the cassette.

The front two drain down the a pillars and the rear two down the c pillars.

I believe the only way to get to them is to drop the headliner, iirc.

I think I have a diy- I'll check the laptop and get back to you.

As for preventing, I was told to never leave the sunroof open for extended periods when you're not driving as it allows leaves and other debris to get in there and clog up the drain holes.

Keep in mind too that they might not be clogged- I have seen threads where a drain tube came loose and caused the damp carpeting.

And while I'm writing a novel, I think this could also be a bad vapor barrier...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

AC condensation tube drops above the transmission about at the level of the outside mirrors.

I thought mine was plugged because once, after several hours of AC, there were drops falling into the passenger foot well and I tried and tried to locate it but never could put my hand on it.

I used a AC evaporator cleaner (once I new that there was some degree of flow through the system) and it seems to have worked.

Bought it at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/1Z-Einszett-961105-einszett-Cleaner/dp/B0002Z2MKO
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    AC condensation tube drops above the transmission about at the level of the outside mirrors.

I thought mine was plugged because once, after several hours of AC, there were drops falling into the passenger foot well and I tried and tried to locate it but never could put my hand on it.

I used a AC evaporator cleaner (once I new that there was some degree of flow through the system) and it seems to have worked.

Bought it at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/1Z-Einszett-961105-einszett-Cleaner/dp/B0002Z2MKO
    Good info, Oli.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I don't know about the PO's sunroof habits, but I generally leave mine closed. I think a drain tube may have came loose, though. I dunno. I meant to check the floor after driving for five hours yesterday, but I was pretty beat when I got home.

Thanks for the info, though!

Has the window regulator been replaced? Alot of times the vapor barrier is not sealed correctly. Or check the door rubber gasket.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Doubt the regulator has been replaced. I'll give the gaskets a once over as well as check the mats again when I get home.