Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake pads

Brake pads

Got a dash light this morning on my way home. Was all kinds of worried, then checked the manual:

First time a car has ever let me know I need brake pads, awesome. Any suggestions on brand/material for a daily driver?

Well....many will mention brands. I will leave that to them. I will say to get ceramics though. Additionally, you will need brake pad wear sensors now, since you let the sensor do its job.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome back Tampa! Good to see your name up there. I got Akebono Euro Ceramics. Im happy with them, and rims need washing monthly, not weekly/daily!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I just installed Axxis Ultimate Street Brake Pads. On factory motorsports rotors with a bushing upgrade. I will update on how the pads are working.
    2004 330ci ZHP, Leather, Jet Black, 6 speed, Black Cube, Dinan Intake, 39k miles
    Brand New Michelin Pilot Super Sports. BMW motorsports front and rear rotors to be installed.
    car will be for sale this year

For daily driving, OE works great. If you think you might do a HPDE, I really like the Performance Friction Z-Rated. They aren't an all out track pad but they do very well on street and track without a ridiculous amount of dusting (like the Hawk HP+).

Cool, thanks guys. Are the sensors hard to change?

The sensor is a simple unplug, remove wire, plug in, run wire job. No big deal.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Cool, thanks! Will be doing this soon, I'll let you guys know what I get for pads.

If I were going to be a little closer to you while I'm in Florida next week, I'd help you out.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

A few months back I jumped on the BMW Performance Rotors deal (front and back). Now I need to finish the process and get the pads, the rears are gone.

Decided to go with Akebono Euro Ceramics. Didnt really need the instant bite, would love less dust, and liked the proposed lower rotor wear. We'll see how it goes with they all go on in a couple weeks. Gotta business trip to east coast then moving into new house, then brakes!

Three pedal ZHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast