Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Motive Power Extractor Review

So...I thought I would share my review of this product.

Rating...8/10.

So....you start by taking the whole bottle and all the hose out of the box. Instructions are very clear and easily used.

What you do is secure the pinch clamp, and lower pressure inside the bleed reservoir to 15" of vacuum. 15 is max...and found myself setting between 10 and 15.

Next, remove the dipstick, and stick the small diameter, hard plastic tubing down the dipstick hole. Gently tap the bottom of the oil pan.

Then, release the pinch clamp, and in about 15 minutes....I had 6.5 qts of dark 0W-40 sitting in the reservoir.

I attribute the extra lack of 6.9 qts to whatever was in the filter and maybe a small amount in the pan.

Remove tubing and replace dipstick.

Concern: I believe that the pinch clamp, over time, will weaken the tygon, and I will prolly just use it this way until it fails. At this point I will either splice in a small valve, or something else.

Clean up was a breeze....and I like not having to get under my car to change the oil/

Connection provided for bleeding brakes too....which rocks.

Available here for 65 bux less shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000AAJSOE

Last edited by danewilson77; 12-12-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good review. Future purchase me thinks. Thanks.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

A lil video action.

Note: I should have said inches of vacuum vice psi.

Note 2: Yes...there is pizza in the trunk of my wifes car.

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/...211_161005.mp4
    Last edited by danewilson77; 12-13-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The link isn't working for me.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

It should work now.

Thanks Marcus. You may have picked up on it,,,,but my laptop got infected....so...on the weekends its the Droid exclusively...pb.....does play well with Droid.

Dane,
    Need assistance with the laptop?

Also, this would definitely make oil changes during the WINTER a lot easier for those of us that don't have garages. No need to crawl around on the frozen ground or snow, that's for sure...
    Though I do have to ask; how did you tap on the oil pan without jacking up the car and take off the plastic covers?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Man that is easy. What, 5 min oil change now?
    -ADAM

Naaaa....It prolly took 15 minutes to suck out all the oil....as pressure goes up...as the fluid level lower. Plus...I bumped it back up to 10" and tried to suck out all I could.

I put in 6.5 qts (cuz thats all I got out)....drove around all day...checked it...and found I was about a 1/2 qt low....so...I think the ~1/2qt was in the filter.....

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Dane,
    Need assistance with the laptop?

Also, this would definitely make oil changes during the WINTER a lot easier for those of us that don't have garages. No need to crawl around on the frozen ground or snow, that's for sure...
    Though I do have to ask; how did you tap on the oil pan without jacking up the car and take off the plastic covers?
    I do not understand this question my friend. I tap the end of the tube, on what I thought, was the oil pan (in through the dipstick).

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast