Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Fuel system issue

When I try to start my car on a cold start, it has a little trouble. I need to press the gas pedal to have it fire up, but after it has been running it will start up no problem. I think there might be restriction in the fuel system which is causing this, but I haven't run a fuel pressure check yet. I did replace the fuel filter, same problem. I was wondering if it might be the fuel pump? Any suggestions? Its an 04 330ci zhp in case anyone wants to know.

Could it be bad spark? May try to swap plugs if you haven't done in a while. NGK BKR6EQUP.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

replaced the spark plugs, replaced the battery, checked the coils. I don't think it is anything electrical

The worst part is my OBDII reader can't detect anything in the fuel system, or at least I can't figure out how to diagnose it

I guess it could be fuel pump.....injectors.....?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Are you throwing any codes? Without codes, you'll really need to check fuel pressure. Here are some numbers from AllData Pro

Did this selecting a 2003 since I can't read your mind, but should be the same all around for the M54.

Fuel Pressure M54 Engine

Fuel Delivery Pump
    Operating Pressure
    bar 3.5
    Delivery rate >/= 2.25 L / min.
    X5 SAV
    Typical current consumption
    A >7
    Passenger Car
    Typical current consumption
    A <9
    NOTES:
    RPM Range 620 - 800
    Engine at operating temperature.

See: Idle Speed

Injectors and Lines, Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Test pressure / nominal value.
    bar [ ±0.02 ] = 3.5
    Injector Valves, Start Valves
    Testing pressure.
    bar [ ±0.06 ] = 3.5

Nice post ^^

After almost 1 long year of the car taking a few cranks to start... I FINALLY FOUND THE PROBLEM. It was the darn fuel injectors!!! > 2 out of the 6 were leaking. No fuel pressure, so the engine became flooded every time I tried to start it. Finally replaced the leaking injectors and, as they say, the rest is history! I should have taken your advice and checked the injectors a LONG time ago, hah sorry! You guys def. know what you are talking about.