Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Treehouse Racing CAB's

Any of you track hounds have a review on these?

http://store.bimmerworld.com/treehou...kets-p516.aspx

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

No experience with these myself, but I know there's a guy on Bimmerfest E46 who runs them and praises them. Can't recall who, but maybe a quick search will yield some fruit.

I just went back to powerflex a couple weeks ago, from stock replacements. I hate how the OE bushings feel on braking and pulled them after about a year. I love the feel of the powerflex bushings and you can't beat the price if you can do the pressing yourself. I had to pay a shop to press the new bushings into my carriers, but I was able to get the old ones out myself. Next time I think I can come up with a solution to do both at home.

The shop who does my tech inspections said in his experience rubber is best. He said there are no great alternatives, again in his opinion, for the E46. Said the meile HD are junk, powerflex explode, only OE for him. I had poweflex on mine for about 13k miles and discovered a crack in the black part during a self-tech, which is why I ended up with OE for an emergency fix.

For the feel and handling improvement, I'll take my chances. He is the first to mention this exploding thing... haven't read anything about it, but I haven't looked either.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

^Interesting. In fact....Meyle HD are what I usually use.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had a set of Meyle HD fail on me within a week. From what I understand, early powerflex had issues mostly with making noise, but I'm on my second car with them now, a cumulative probably 50,000 miles, and they work well for me.

I'm interested to know if the Treehouse are offset for more caster? And if so, does it cause problems with the tire placement within the wheel well?

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I had a set of Meyle HD fail on me within a week. From what I understand, early powerflex had issues mostly with making noise, but I'm on my second car with them now, a cumulative probably 50,000 miles, and they work well for me.

I'm interested to know if the Treehouse are offset for more caster? And if so, does it cause problems with the tire placement within the wheel well?
    Dunno.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Those look like every other piece of track-oriented stuff I put on my MINI where the fine print probably reads: will make lots of noise. Can't say so for sure, though.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Those look like every other piece of track-oriented stuff I put on my MINI where the fine print probably reads: will make lots of noise. Can't say so for sure, though.
    Lol. K...just curious.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

This is what Ive been looking at, looks like it would be hard to damage.

I asked Treehouse, they say these bushings are not offset.

So the primary difference between these and something like the powerflex is that they'll hold up better, but also be stiffer/harsher.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I am running these on my E36 M3 - they use a delrin bushing which is different than the powerflex material. On that application, there is a great deal more caster; however, does not appear to be the case on the E46 - certainly contact the vendor to be confirm. I have not found them to make more noise than OEM on my car. BTW, have had excellent experience with Bimmerworld.