Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge86 View Post
    I just bought two continentals 2154018. Would there be a problem of I run this ones in the front. ?
    215's?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    215's?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Yep. 215/40-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Yep. 215/40-18.
    OK. We're you with him, or did I miss something?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge86 View Post
    I just bought two continentals 2154018. Would there be a problem of I run this ones in the front. ?
    Dane, he said it right here. See bold above.

Dane, he said it right here. See bold above.
    Lol.... That's when I asked. Bit of an odd tire size, and with the 2 being near the 1, I thought maybe he may have hit the wrong one. Pretty rare is the 215/40-18 setup. Would be curious to learn the logic here. Is this for a winter setup?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

A winter setup for San Diego? Maybe to plow through all of the sunshine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A winter setup for San Diego? Maybe to plow through all of the sunshine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol... TT doesn't show profiles. Yeah, winter setup is not the reason.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I got them for 10 dollars a piece. They are 3 years old tires that were sitting at work.

You do not want the DWS if you are auto crossing, tracking, or just driving hard in general. They feel more feeble than Blizzak's WS series as far as dry handling and braking.

I'd recommend the Pirelli All Season, which is sort of a sleeper, under the radar tire I ran for 15k. Decent in the snow if you know how to handle your car, good in the rain, and dry grip rivaling more budget summer tires like the Sumitomo HTR ZIII and Hankook V12. Another good choice would be the RE970AS. The A/S Plus will get noisy as it wears based on tread design. Look at Tire Rack's most recent high performance all season shoot out for more information

Plain and simple the DWS does not belong in the highest performance all season category.

I think I come across as a negative nancy here, but to see what I'll be in for when I buy a tire I usually filter reviews by driving style- Spirited, then look lowest first ratings. I concur with these ratings 100%. These aren't low performance, consistent tires like a budget Sumitomo A/S tire or a snow tire, they are dangerously sloppy and feeble:

- Derek

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    You do not want the DWS if you are auto crossing, tracking, or just driving hard in general. They feel more feeble than Blizzak's WS series as far as dry handling and braking.

I'd recommend the Pirelli All Season, which is sort of a sleeper, under the radar tire I ran for 15k. Decent in the snow if you know how to handle your car, good in the rain, and dry grip rivaling more budget summer tires like the Sumitomo HTR ZIII and Hankook V12. Another good choice would be the RE970AS. The A/S Plus will get noisy as it wears based on tread design. Look at Tire Rack's most recent high performance all season shoot out for more information

Plain and simple the DWS does not belong in the highest performance all season category.

I think I come across as a negative nancy here, but to see what I'll be in for when I buy a tire I usually filter reviews by driving style- Spirited, then look lowest first ratings. I concur with these ratings 100%. These aren't low performance, consistent tires like a budget Sumitomo A/S tire or a snow tire, they are dangerously sloppy and feeble:

I have to completely and wholly disagree with what you said about the DWS and the Pirelli's. I'm not sure which Pirelli in particular you were referring to, but I had a brand new set of Pirelli PZero Nero tires on the car when I got it. Wore out in about 30k miles, which I'm told is expected, but didn't have near the handling abilities with them as I have with my DWS' now. I don't think it's in my head, either; there is a particular turn that I can take at a certain speed with the DWS' that I couldn't take with the Pirelli's without squealing like a pig. I haven't noted any snow performance yet as it hasn't snowed really here yet.

In addition, the speed rating of the Pirelli's was pathetic; less than 130mph. If I wanted to go out to a track where 130+ was attainable, I wouldn't have felt safe. The DWS' are rated for 186mph.

(I track my daily driving tires)

One last thing; I think the handling issues people are referring to is car specific, because I get none of those problems those reviews are referring to. I would buy these again in a heartbeat.

I did notice that a couple of those reviews are with less than the recommended break-in miles on the tires. That's pretty premature of them to post reviews when the tires weren't even broken in yet, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 4S with Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast