Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: euro-plate?

euro-plate?

well, i have had a German transport plate(europlate) on every bimmer i have owned. on the e46 and e36 its clean and simple cause its a trim piece that is easy on and off and nothing permanent as most are aware. my e60 and X3 had american front plates already drilled since the were executive demos and they are all registered in Jersey which requires a front plate. so, the holes were already there i just put the plate screws directly in those holes and put the plate mount back on when i turned them in so no visible holes.

i really like the look. i feel it just completes the look i try to acheive with my cars. i dont see a lot of you guys running them. my question is not if you like them really, cause i do, but do you think i would be crazy to drill into my mtech front bumper to put one on since it does not have an easy on off trim piece? any ideas on how to do it in a less intrusive way? i though about tape/velcro but that seems a tad ghetto? the wife loves the look to and says "who cares, drill it!" shes full of wisdom this one

couldnt find a pic of the front of the X3

opinions, flames etc welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images    

06 e90 325i
    02 e53 X5

My friends do not drill into their front bumpers. However, there is a license plate bracket kit floating around that looks really good. You attach the plate to the tow hook. I think ECS Tuning might have a good one. Kind of expensive but it looked really clean. I think Dane posted a link to it.

Dane?

ive seen those. i think the euro plate wouldnt work. plus, without it centerd its just not the same. those are great if you HAVE to mount a front plate and would go that way. not for this though. maybe its just time to break tradition...

06 e90 325i
    02 e53 X5

I like the Euro plates. I just refuse to drill into my front bumper. I like the clean look.

Holes in the bumper FTL.
    I think that "floating" design is your best best, screwing into the tow hook section.

I actually think one that's offset gives it a "badass" attitude.

I don't know if you'll find one for a euro plate though. I'm sure they have something in one of those countries that use long plates; try a foreign eBay site.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have a europlate and the mount that snaps into the trim and requires no drilling, I just haven't installed it yet. I plan on getting it done sooner than later though.

Last edited by pyreguy; 12-12-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added pics
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

I bet I could figure out how to put a euro-plate into my holder....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

After getting 2 warnings for no front plate I broke down and bought one of these...

http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Not sure how it would work for a euro plate though. Maybe you could do a little modifying of it and make it work?

that may work!

06 e90 325i
    02 e53 X5

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    After getting 2 warnings for no front plate I broke down and bought one of these...

http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Not sure how it would work for a euro plate though. Maybe you could do a little modifying of it and make it work?

Umm....How does that attach to your front bumper?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast