Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Dane, where did you post your intake dyno test results (with or without the scoops)?

Edit: And thanks to all else who posted about this on here, and to Hermes for answering my questions about it over at e46fanatics.com. I ordered the $89 deal package today with a $5 "cyber money" coupon I heard about in today's CCA email newsletter. I don't know if it's gonna help at AutoX (typical top speed for me, 65mph), but should be good for a few HP on track straightaways. I read the thread on E46fanatics where the guy showed the scoops dropped IATs 4° to 10°F at faster speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Oh where did you post your intake dyno test results?
    No dyno yet. Gotta do vanos first.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

this is the dyno thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...P-Dyno-graphs.

also, none of us really have just the DAS, so dyno will show multiple mods.

on a separate note, I was talking to Nick (chapter pres) a while back and he said that back in the Cunningham days some customer decided to put all the possible BMW Performance parts on their car, car lost HP and gained FT/LBs... weird

Hermes, thanks for the link. Actually I figure scoops will not show any difference on the dyno unless you have a powerful fan blowing air at 70 mph into the scoops. I was wondering more about a dyno test of aFe (or K&N) intake vs. stock airbox vs. BMW Performance intake.

All BMW Performance mods lost HP? Interesting... I do hear of certain mods sacrificing low-end torque to gain high-end HP. Or racers in some classes tuning to increase torque but decrease peak HP so they can run a lighter car but still have the torque for acceleration, as some classes limit your HP-to-weight ratio.

Dane, haven't you done VANOS seals a few times already for various people?

^Yes

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Mod Bargains just called. They're sold out of the $89 aFe super scooper (aka "aFe E46 M3 intake Scoop Value Package"). They will still honor the sale price but it won't come with the keychain, baseball cap, and license plate frame. I told them I'd take it anyway. Heck I don't need more power... the ZHP has more than enough power for me on the street, though maybe that's because I don't drag race and have never driven a muscle car. It's only for those fleeting seconds on the track when the M3 is pulling ahead of me on the straight and the instructor is yelling "full throttle" but doesn't realize I already floored it one second earlier. For that 0.01% of my driving time I am willing to spend a few thousand on parts, software, and maintenance. How silly am I?

The key point for fellow Mafiosi is if you want this scoop, ask Mod Bargains if you can get it at the Value Package price of $90 instead of $130 (plus shipping, and sales tax if you live in CA).

That sucks you don't get all the goodies but it's good they at least still honored the price for the DAS. Also, I feel like I've got slightly better gas mileage since I put it in

just ordered the $90 DAS from mod bargains. thanks for the heads up!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    just ordered the $90 DAS from mod bargains. thanks for the heads up!
    Eggsellent.

Question Sooo....

Thank you for your inquiry and I’ll do my best to help you out. Could you please let me know where you saw the special price of $89 on that item specifically? Please send me over a link and I’d be more than happy to look into this for you. Feel free to also give me a call here directly at 714-582-3330 x 8006 or ask for Alan as that is the best way to get in touch with me. My office hours are M-F 8am-5pm PST. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

Best Regards,

Alan Wei
    Senior Sales Representative
    www.ModBargains.com
    Phone: 714-582-3330 x 8006
    Fax: 562-694-4198
    Hours: M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM PST

Hmmmm.. help me out here guys....

Car not for sale, driver negotiable..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast