Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Car color and personalities

In another thread, Kayger posted a link to an article I found interesting. It was a report on how the color of the car you drive may reflect your personality.

The article:
    http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archiv...d-outlook.html

I'll start off with red, being the color of my car. They say that drivers of red-colored cars are usually the most aggressive. About the color red itself, they say it's an aggressive color.

I personally agree with red being an aggressive color. It is a color that portrays intensity, and aggression is usually intense. I do not, however, agree with it signifying an aggressive driver. I am mellow 90% of the time, sitting back in the right lane, minding my own business.

The remaining 10% of the time (keep in mind, I drive about 30k miles a year, mostly pleasure) I feel like going out for a spirited run. Of the 10% of the time, I'm driving aggressively about 7% of it on roads where there is nobody in front of me. The remaining 3% is the rest of the times that I get stuck behind someone and am annoyed by the fact that they're doing 15 under the speed limit on a road with lots of twisties. Anyone can understand how some aggression may come into play here, but none that are acted upon other than a very minor case of "move your ass" tailgating (not the 6-inches off your bumper, but instead 1 car length).

Otherwise, I find red to be a very attractive color, punctuating the ZHPs curves and lines in a sexy, non-subdued manner, flaring its attractiveness to the max. It's like a very pretty woman in a bright red dress; it's designed to make you look.

I also find red to be a very safe color in addition to its aggressiveness. There's no way in hell you're going to miss that bright red RED car coming your way that you were thinking about pulling in front of to cross the road.

So, what does everyone else think about the article and the colors of their cars?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Marcus,
    The formatting of this thread is kind of screwed up. Can you fix? This previous post was supposed to be the first...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I think Imola Red is the bestest...ever.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Pretty sure red vehicles have higher insurance premiums because of those very reasons. Unless that's a wives tale, but I think its fact.
    -ADAM

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatek45 View Post
    Pretty sure red vehicles have higher insurance premiums because of those very reasons. Unless that's a wives tale, but I think its fact.
    I do not think this is a factor. Whenever I went to get insurance quotes, not once did the insurance agents ask what color the car was. Keep in mind, these aren't quotes based on VIN numbers, but instead based on year, make, and model.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Wives tale.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Marcus,
    The formatting of this thread is kind of screwed up. Can you fix? This previous post was supposed to be the first...
    Fixed. It's because of the time stamps on the other posts. They were posted before this one. So, it put them in front of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I do not think this is a factor. Whenever I went to get insurance quotes, not once did the insurance agents ask what color the car was. Keep in mind, these aren't quotes based on VIN numbers, but instead based on year, make, and model.
    And safety features and anti theft type stuff...

Thanks Marcus.

So, you having a red AND white car, what do you think?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    And safety features and anti theft type stuff...
    And, most important, AGE and SEX. Ask me how I know.

Being 21 ain't fun in the insurance department.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast