Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Damn that's sexy.
    Thanks! Here's another in action:

Okay I'll stop jacking the thread up with my proud papa pictures.
    - Marc

But it's still about colors. Ha!

My last two car purchases, I ended up with red cars even though that was not the color I would have preferred. Dont get me wrong, I like red cars, in fact red is my 'favorite' color. I am just weary of the huge 'attention grabbing' factor, especially if it is the police who's attention is being grabbed.

That said, I love the Imola Red ZHP. Could not think of a more deserving color for this car. Do I drive aggressively? Normally no. I drive fast, but I do not lane-change, swerve around people, etc. I used to get around 32 mpg when commuting over 100mi a day (cant drive aggressively and get over 30 mpg in this car!) but now I have a short commute and I am way down to 26 mpg (with a bit more aggressive starts, more on-ramp accelerations, etc).

As for the colors that are deal breakers - White is a dealbreaker. I have only wrecked a couple cars in my life (my fault) and they were all white cars. Even when renting a car, I will not choose a white one. The other bad color for me is black. Too hard to keep clean (and it gets so hot).

I would have passed on a red car just cause I am afraid of the attention it would draw, as I mentioned before. Having said that, I would kill to see an Imola red one in person. That color looks amazing in pictures.

Ideally I would have liked to find the dark grey. And I found one, a ZHP closer to home even (45 mins vs 7 hours, one way respectively) but the black one was a better car and worth the trip and the extra maintenance to keep clean (to me). Other colors I would have passed on would have been green and white. I have had white and don't car for it. I like dark. In fact, I've noticed over the years that I truly don't like color as it were. My first car was a '68 Camaro that was yellow. Since then I have owned vehicles in white, black, grey, blue (crappy work truck, I don't count it too much), black, black, grey, black, and black. In that order.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Maybe...could I come hang out for Mardi Gras?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Absolutely.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

I'll bring JW77 along for the trip....and if he can't make it....maybe my silber grey metallic ZHP buddy will make it.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That's cool. I have an air mattress and I can make arrangements for the kids to be elsewhere to make room.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234