Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I definitely like black cause of the way it lends a sinister look to my car. Its a look I'm very happy with. I've always felt like brighter colors would draw too much attention to me, and I am much more comfortable in the shadows...
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post

Having said that, as a former investigative reporter (on Wall Street), I was aggressive as all get out. I chased liars, thieves, and criminals with a vengeance.
    Wish you were around for the mortgage derivatives and credit default swaps.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I think another thing to consider in this whole color debate is that the color may only have some significance if you had a choice.

Most of us were looking for a specific car which is somewhat rare and difficult to find. Color might not have been a conscious choice (or subconscious for that matter), but rather a forced option due to the limited availability of cars.

In my case, black is my favorite color for a ZHP. My sparkling graphite metallic is a close second, but if I had a choice, I would have picked black.

More telling might be a kind of reverse application of the psychology by considering the one or two colors that would have been a deal breaker for you, ie, what color would you refuse to purchase, even if it was the exact car you wanted otherwise...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

One thing I can say about this car, I'd be happy with any color. They all look amazing, imo. I really don't like red cars, but I'd drive a red one of these and love it. I had limited choice and I actually was going to buy a silver one, but it sold the day before I went to look at it in person. That's when I found the color I really wanted, black. I've had like 5 white cars in the past, and the Mitsubishi was the only one I really liked. Technically, it was 'platinum metallic pearl'. I think it may also be an issue of maintaining cleanliness. I see dirt on this thing 5 minutes after I drive it home from being washed.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I think another thing to consider in this whole color debate is that the color may only have some significance if you had a choice.

Most of us were looking for a specific car which is somewhat rare and difficult to find. Color might not have been a conscious choice (or subconscious for that matter), but rather a forced option due to the limited availability of cars.

In my case, black is my favorite color for a ZHP. My sparkling graphite metallic is a close second, but if I had a choice, I would have picked black.

More telling might be a kind of reverse application of the psychology by considering the one or two colors that would have been a deal breaker for you, ie, what color would you refuse to purchase, even if it was the exact car you wanted otherwise...
    I like that, Keith.

A deal breaker for me would have been black. That's not because I hate it but because I hate the maintenance on it. I had a jet black from 2006-2009. It was a biattchh to keep clean. It sure looked great for the five minutes it was clean, though!

Another color that I would not have chosen, and it would have been a deal breaker for me, is green. It doesn't excite me. I would have kept looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I like that, Keith.

A deal breaker for me would have been black. That's not because I hate it but because I hate the maintenance on it. I had a jet black from 2006-2009. It was a biattchh to keep clean. It sure looked great for the five minutes it was clean, though!

Another color that I would not have chosen, and it would have been a deal breaker for me, is green. It doesn't excite me. I would have kept looking.
    With you. My 325 was jet black and I swear I never went longer than a week without washing the thing in 2 years.

Ditto on the green. Probably the only deal break color for me.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I would love to own a black car, but swirl marks make my soul hurt.

I know I have them on my I/R between full details - they're just less visible. HATE the black roof on my MINI. Love the contrast of it, though.

So what does it say about your personality if you drive TWO red cars, one Chili and one Imola? Does it mean I'm doubly aggressive, or does my aggression cancel itself out?

- Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    So what does it say about your personality if you drive TWO red cars, one Chili and one Imola? Does it mean I'm doubly aggressive, or does my aggression cancel itself out?
    I'd like to think the latter. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    I would love to own a black car, but swirl marks make my soul hurt.

I know I have them on my I/R between full details - they're just less visible. HATE the black roof on my MINI. Love the contrast of it, though.

It cancels it out. You're fine.

By the way, your MINI looks great. Love it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast