Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ad says "minor fender-bender but the damage has been fixed".

Didn't want to contact him because I knew that one of the members is already pursuing it. So, do not know more.

Oh ok. I was just following the carfax information. Says impact on front and back bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    It's a midwest car. They tend to have the softest prices. With the accident, I would be reluctant to pay that amount.
    Hmmm... I'm not running into these softer-priced midwest cars at all. If they're around, they're few and far between. What I'm finding is that the few midwest cars I am able find have higher miles and aren't as nice of cars as those on the east- and west coasts. That leads me to believe the softer prices are directly related to the quality of the cars (or lack thereof).

Assuming a clean PPI, I'd be inclined to give the seller his asking price - even with the accident/repair - given what I've seen within a long day's drive of where I live.

SC

Good to know, Steve. I did run into quite a few beat up ZHPs in the midwest, too.

i've never talked to the guy, so i had no idea he was being deployed until this thread. i've called him once since, and haven't heard back. it's been over two days now and still haven't heard back. i told the autotrader operator to leave a message stating i had cash available for purchasing today, i don't know what else to do.

i'm headed to look at a regular 2004 330 sport/premium/cold weather tonight, not waiting around. if someone has REAL contact info for this guy, let me know.

anybody talked to this dude? heard nothing yesterday, called again this morning.....no response.

Seems like he's disappeared. I've called a few times to try and get his direct contact info but I haven't been able to reach him after our first conversation.

heard from the guy last night.

damage was more significant than implied. whole car was repainted from hydroplaning off the highway and brushing up against those cable (not the armco/jersey barrier) fences they have to keep people from crossing over. i was at the royals game last night a few drinks in when he called so i don't remember perfectly, but i think the RF fender and front bumper were replaced. i need to call him back today and ask some more detailed questions. sounds like tires and brakes will need replacing soon as well.

i'll do some research and probably make him an offer today, based on an acceptable PPI result. can anyone tell me about what it costs for brakes on these things? $700 or so at a dealer? maybe $500 in parts for rotors and pads?

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    heard from the guy last night.

damage was more significant than implied. whole car was repainted from hydroplaning off the highway and brushing up against those cable (not the armco/jersey barrier) fences they have to keep people from crossing over. i was at the royals game last night a few drinks in when he called so i don't remember perfectly, but i think the RF fender and front bumper were replaced. i need to call him back today and ask some more detailed questions. sounds like tires and brakes will need replacing soon as well.

i'll do some research and probably make him an offer today, based on an acceptable PPI result. can anyone tell me about what it costs for brakes on these things? $700 or so at a dealer? maybe $500 in parts for rotors and pads?
    You can get a good brake kit for around $400.00 and DIY it.....or go to dealer and pay closer to $1000.00.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast