Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I put on a set of valeo oem wipers. Suck monkey balls. I need teh icon!

Opa iPhone

6K HID FOGS - 8K DS2 LOW BEAMS - SMOKED LED TAILS - SMOKED CORNERS - V2 AE'S - BREMMER WHEELS -CONTI DWS TIRES - K&N INTAKE - 35% TINT - CF ROUNDELS - CF SPLITTERS - 12" SUB - LED REVERSE AND PLATE BULBS - SUPER CLEAN

PIAA Super Silicone wiper blades, I have had them on both of my E46's. First thing I bought when I bought my current car.
    2004 330ci ZHP, Leather, Jet Black, 6 speed, Black Cube, Dinan Intake, 39k miles
    Brand New Michelin Pilot Super Sports. BMW motorsports front and rear rotors to be installed.
    car will be for sale this year

I just put on some Bosch from Autozone works good for me seeing all this San Diego rain comes and goes

What wipers is everybody using these days?

Mine are getting annoyingly squeaky.

I've got OEM (which work great) but I really want to try the PIAA super silicone. I've become super obsessive about having clear glass in the rain and if the silicon can help me not have to coat my glass, than I'm all for it.

Has anyone put PIAA silicon inserts on their OEM wipers?

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Has anyone put PIAA silicon inserts on their OEM wipers?
    Member knevor did - posted it on 06/27/2011, three posts above your inquiry. He's been gone from here since 11/2011: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...6617#post76617
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

OEM/BMW brand here too. You can get them online for about the same cost as any other

Any special German tricks required when replacing them?

I got the Bosch twin spoiler wipers. So far they are dead quiet and wipe well. It's a huge contrast to my old squeaky ones.

I'm not big on the Icon style wiper blades, as they seem not to distribute the pressure as evenly.

Just order the OEM replacements at FCPEuro and never pay for them again. They have a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. Once mine start streaking I just order a new pair, pay for them, then contact FCP for an RMA, ship my old ones back and they refund the purchase back on my credit card. Easy-peasy. Do the same thing with the cabin air filter and all brake pads and rotors.

I wish I had used them when I replaced my fuel pump and alternator (didn't know about them at the time), since those will probably go out again soon (they died at the 8 year mark and the car is 14 years old now).

I ordered my DISA from them and will be ordering my CCV replacements from them too. I know others have had issues with them, but I've had nothing but great service and am very happy with them.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast