Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3M Headlight restoration kit review/DIY

This is the product I am reviewing

And this is my test subject, The Bosses trusty Jeep.

Here's a closeup of the damage we're dealing with.These are not as bad as some of the lights I've done before, but Im going to use the entire kit anyways.

You will need a drill and a spray bottle with water in it. This is what comes in the kit:

The first step is to mask off the area around the headlights. Then you take the 500 grit sandpaper and completely sand down the enitire headlight until its a milky haze...like this

Then you'll repeat the same process with the 800 grit paper, concentrating on the areas with the most damage. Brush some of the dust off from time to time, and you'll be able to tell when the oxidization is gone. Then, switch to the 3000 grit paper, which requires the pad and headlights to stay wet (time for the spray bottle). its also not a bad idea to have a hose handy, as this process is a bit messy. The lenses should have cleared up quite a bit by this point, so you can now switch to the final step of polishing, using the provided compound and polishing pad. and VOILA!!

Can you guess which one is done and which one is not?

The final product.

I give this product a 10 out 0f 10. It's $21-22 at the store but you can get it on eBay for less than $16 (with free shipping). You can easily do 3-4 less damaged cars with a single kit. It absolutely does what the box says. I give it....

And James was kind enough to come over to my humble abode and do this for me. I still owe you lunch, sir.

The product really does work, as you can see from the pictures. I'm a believer.

James, if you were trying to blur out the plate, there are several shots where the plate is fully exposed.

They're blurred out in photobucket, but not in here for some reason.

edit: fixed

Yep. Fixed.

Anyhow, thanks again, James.

My pleasure.

Pretty amazing stuff. Thanks for posting.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

DUDE!!! I AM SO GETTING THAT! JAMES CAN YOU DO MINE? man after i get new tires, i may want to break them in with a clear lense cleaning in SD and then Palomar Mtn! haha

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

I believe James performs this service for $40. You buy the kit. Well worth it.

yeah worth it IMO. god i cant get over how good that looks. it has to look better in person too.

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Yeah. It's great in person. Come down to San Diego and have James do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast