Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    my zhp is getting an oil and brake fluid change as we speak (er, type)

Mine checked out sat. Good for another 5k miles.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

nike001 Guest
    I'll probably change my oil level indicator my next oil change. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet :\ too busy w/ other stuff for her

^ Is it easy to DIY?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

nike001 Guest
    Yeah, I 'think' theres a cover that you have to remove (im not sure)..but its right by the drain plug. Takes probably 2 minutes if you have the car in the air

Edit: heres the DIY:
    http://www.bokchoys.com/differential...vel_sensor.htm

I believe you have to remove lower re-enforcement plate (7 good size bolts) to access sensor.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Any other endorsements for the magnetic drain plug? I've always skipped that, looks like it's time to pony up the $35.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    Anyway, yeah I always check the oil before any trip longer than one hour as well as biweekly. Owning an E30 will do this to you.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    Any other endorsements for the magnetic drain plug? I've always skipped that, looks like it's time to pony up the $35.
    It makes sense.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Every oil change I wipe the end of the drain plug and there's just a tad of debris stuck on it as really fine powder like metal. I think it's very insignificant to the movement of the engine parts because it's so little. But it's nice to know that it's trapping some of it.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast