Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No way I would bother with the stock nav, it is barely ok and such a pain to use compared to modern touch screen navs. Plus the hassle of updating to new map data, risk of burning the laser using copied data disks etc. The only positive is having the ability to look at the map as you are driving around, I have found the mapping to be suspect at best. I would go dynavin in a heart beat before attempting the stock retro fit.

In the 18 months we've owned the ZHP, might have actually entered a address 6 times on the stock nav and about 50 times on a hand held gps.

Interesting take. I just recently (about 4 months ago) updated my NAV software and bought new maps, and everything worked like a charm, it was easy. Now, I'd have to say that touch screen would be much better, but I can live with the non-touch. I don't use either my mobile or car NAV much anyway so that might be why using it is not an issue.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Presumably you know what you're getting into if you've done this before but for others considering it, definitely read this. Very complete and delves into the pros & cons, along with a 2-part video review of the finished project:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12358274

I always wanted a stock nav, I've used the one in my cousins xi and I like it. It does look dated but its a ten year old car. I just don't car for how there's just goes crazy at times or the screen goes black randomly.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

My cousin has an E46 M3 with a nav but he may swap t out for a Dynavin in the future so I might buy the Nav off him and retrofit into mine

Has anyone seen the video on youtube of a ZHP coupe that a guy had tied a small laptop into the nav system. WOW, talk about a change. Sorry I am retarded tonight and can't figure out how to find the link through my phone. Its titled "BMW E46 2004 330ci Car PC Demo" by sdellurti. I wish I had that!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Keith, that PC interface that the guy used in the uTube video is impressive! If there was a DIY showing how this was done, that would be epic

Hey not to hijack the thread, but what about Nav database (CD) Updates?
    I have the original 2004 version in my ZHP and woudl be nice to have an update. I went to the website referred to in other posts, but they no longer sell the CDs, and only place I've seen is the dealer, and at almost $200.....seems like a waste. Which is why I have the original one still in there.
    And a thumbs up for the system. Its basic, and really old technology, but it works. Only downside is that the screen seems to generate a lot of noise that interferes with AM radio reception, so I turn it off is listening to AM.

Tim

For what it's worth, I have read that Dynavin has a new model, 99, that is due for release shortly. I don't have any details but am waiting for hands on reviews once someone has the chance to test it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast