Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

More Torque/Passing power?

Hey guys,

So I've noticed lately that at higher speeds the ZHP really lacks power. I was hoping to find some performance upgrades to increase the torque a bit to help with highway passing and low-rpm power. I know there are lots of options out there like pulleys, AA/Shark software, exhaust, etc. but which would you guys recommend to help this?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

You could swap in a 3.38 or 3.46 diff.

Would that affect my initial acceleration?
    -Chris-

Very much so. It'll bring your top speed down a bit, but since you have a 6th gear, you're still looking at 150+mph. I'm assuming your car is a MT?

Edit: I think I misunderstood the question. It will improve acceleration in every gear, but you'll have to shift sooner. For example, you won't quite hit 60 in 2nd anymore, more like 59.3 or something like that.

Oh...yeah I understand what you're saying. I'm looking more to boost overall torque. I like the gear ratios now. And yes I have a 6-speed MT.

What upgrades would give me the most torque increases? I know headers/exhaust would help quite a bit but I'm not in a position to drop that much dough right now...
    -Chris-

Not really anything you can do really. I have the shark, CAI, and exhaust and none of em really gave any power improvements.

I did AA plus performance intake, and I was happy with both (minor improvements), but neither really helped at highway passing/low rpm. That is my only frustration with this car (I have STEP which comes with the 3.6 diff). I just downshift to get more oomph, but I wouldn't mind it readily being there. If you find something that improves at that end, let me know.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'm really leaning towards the AA tune and I already have an intake but I'll do some more research and see what I come up with.
    -Chris-

I think they're called turbos....
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    I think they're called turbos....
    I wish! I'd love to turbo! No money though...and too high mileage for me to feel ok with it...
    -Chris-

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast