Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ate a Pheasant

Ate a Pheasant

While running down US12 near Mobridge SD, a pheasant caught her last ride with me. In the process, she got jammed inside the MTech2 and it took about 20 minutes to remove, first the head, then one leg, another leg, etc...

My question comes around the parts in there. I have a need for the grid (51117893331) but I noticed there is another large plastic part in there that has 3 or 4 vertical holders that were broken behind the grid. Looking at the OEM diagrams for front bumper and bodywork, I've not been able to locate the part.

Does anyone have ideas on what OEM diagram or part numbers for the bits behind the plastic grid?

In the sticks in Parker County Texas (WNW of Ft. Worth)
    Check out realoem.com would be my only advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyh View Post
    Check out realoem.com would be my only advice.
    Yup, I've been fishing through the diagrams on real oem and have not found the assembly behind the grid.

If you have full coverage, I'd let insurance deal with it. Hitting an animal isn't going to raise your rates.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    If you have full coverage, I'd let insurance deal with it. Hitting an animal isn't going to raise your rates.
    Thanks Eli, I didn't even think of that. I'm always trying to DIY

Still gotta pay deductible, correct?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

And this warning: if the damage isn't that hefty, I likely wouldn't go through my insurance. The last thing I want is my insurance company reporting this as a wreck on Carfax or Autocheck. For a bird in the grille? No. That would suck to have that kind of accident reported.

Just something to think about. Always looking out for my Mafia mates.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Still gotta pay deductible, correct?
    Yes but if there's bumper damage, that can get expensive real fast.

True on the deductible, 250 in this case. I can likely DIY for less on the parts, which gets back to my original question. If nothing else, I can take it apart and figure what that loose plastic piece is behind the lower grid.

Yes but if there's bumper damage, that can get expensive real fast.
    Not seeing the bumper damage. I am sure lower grill is trashed...but that's easy diy. Get the clay bar out = done.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast