Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power steering

Power steering

Well the Indy shop says I might need a new power steering pump....any ideas where I can get one at a decent price? Bav Auto wants something like 350

And also is their a DIY for the pump?

Thank you,
    Wil
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Do you still have power steering working now? I waited till mine went out one day prior to fixing.

In the past 'BMA Autoparts" in California has had excellent prices on BMW parts. I was a member of a different E34 BMW forum before...and BMA gave us special pricing. Not sure if it's necessary to mention that you are a member of a BMW forum group...but it can't hurt. Two brothers run the operation (Yves and ?) and they are very helpful and professional. I have made many purchases from them without any problems. The shipping costs are often the same as what you would pay in local sales taxes on your purchase...and they ship out quickly - right to your (garage) door :-)
    PS: i would always call them - because their website isn't the greatest...and it hasn't always accurately represented what they have or what they can get.

http://www.bmaparts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post
    Well the Indy shop says I might need a new power steering pump....any ideas where I can get one at a decent price? Bav Auto wants something like 350

And also is their a DIY for the pump?

Thank you,
    Wil

David got one for just over $100.

Info here.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by GSEN820 View Post
    Do you still have power steering working now? I waited till mine went out one day prior to fixing.
    I don't know the answer to that yet...I'm going to pick her up on Wednesday. The shop charged me $200 for replacing my motor mounts as well as a mounting bracket that had broken. $160 was labor and $40 for the bracket. I was expecting the bracket to be much more since they ordered it from BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    David got one for just over $100.

Info here.
    Thank you that is going to really be useful... I think I'm going to order it soon and just replace the pump myself.

It doesnt seem like it takes a rocket scientist to change it haha

Here is the site the pump is on:

http://www.carparts.com/results/?PN=...Nr=universal:0

Thanks for the help i will keep ya updated!

2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

So I went to carparts.com and found the parts i want to replace and there is an issue with the math on the website lol

Replacement Power Steering Reservoir: 13.50
    Replacement Power Steering Pump: 102.49
    Cohline Power Steering Hose (Cooling Coil to Reservoir): 32.95
    Cohline Power Steering Hose (Rack to Cooling Coil): 58.95

Now the prices add up to a total of: 207.89
    Shipping: 5.50

Now in my shopping cart on the website it says that my subtotal is 148.94.....??????
    Clearly the prices add up to 207 but it says that 148 is my subtotal and my final total is 154.44.

What is wrong??? lol

Discount perhaps?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

They probably know you're mafia.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Discount perhaps?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Nope...gah

I went to check out and it said the price was 207 so it was just a clitch in the system sad

well parts have been ordered and i should get them thursday..having them shipped to my parents house about 2 hours away cause thats where i will be lol and i'm going to call my buddy that has an M3 and use his garage and tools and do the install on friday pics shall be coming as i progress on friday

Darion Guest
    Autozone.com
    I think power steering was developed for ease of driving true enough, but while a vehicle is in motion, it requires less strength to turn it than it would if it were sitting still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast