Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member from Pacific Northwest

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member from Eugene, OR (The Euge) and have a (new-to-me) '05 ZHP vert, sparkling graphite with grey interior and black roof. This thing is amazing! I had driven a couple 330s and a ZHP before buying this car but WOW! I had no idea this thing was going to handle the way it does. Holy crap! It's awesome! It was impeccably maintained and had 37k miles- absolutely pristine and bone stock.

I had a 98 528 for 10 years- most reliable car I've ever owned and the only car I've never gotten bored with, but it was time to move on. I told myself many years ago when I got rid of my motorcycle (a K75s) that I'd get a vert and Hot D@mn! Sorry I know I'm gushing.

I do have a couple of noob-type questions the answers to which I haven't been able to find here or at e46fanatics yet. First- I'd like to install an iphone / ipod adapter (as that seems to be the only thing missing on this amazing machine) and have decided on the USA SPEC (per the various experiences related here and on other forums). I need to find out how to determine if I my HK non-nav HU is a "DSP" or not. Second- the car is equipped with OEM bluetooth. While I've been able to pair my iphone with it, I haven't been able to get much else to happen. Any tips or tricks to using it (forum entries to point me at)? Any help or direction you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am really enjoying this Forum and I especially appreciate how knowledgeable, polite and relatively free of snark the posts are (loved the "you know you have a zhp when" thread- that was great!). You guys really know your stuff and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you and sharing my experiences, too. I'll be posting pictures pretty soon, but right now I'm just too busy driving!

Cheers- Ben

Ben, welcome to the forum. I am sure that people more knowledgeable than me will chime in on your questions.

Welcome Ben. Not sure what you mean by DSP. As for the Bluetooth I'm guessing you're trying the trick where you go into the iPhone voicemail and tell it to use bluetooth then play your music? That trick doesnt seem to work anymore, I'm guessing Apple combated it during one of their firmware upgrades. I've also heard that Apple supposedly makes a killing because of all the accessories they sell by not allowing this to happen.

DSP

Hi Hermes,

Thanks for your response. USA Spec makes the distinction between HUs with DSP and Non-DSP. I think DSP stands for Digital Signal Processor, from what I've been able to gather. As far as BT, I haven't tried the trick you're talking about; I'd just be happy if I could get the thing to read my phone book and make a call! -Ben

I see. Well to read your phonebook its that button on your steering wheel that says "R/T" which I assume means Radio/Telephone. Press that and it switches to your phonebook but its a pain to find somebody in there if their name doesn't start with A or Z. I just setup the voice command for dialing people.

Welcome to the Mafia. There are no n00b questions here, we just call it mafia search.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Hello. Everyone here seems great at answering questions and helping out. Enjoy

Sup Hermes?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome to the Family.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Hey Ben! Welcome to the Mafia!

I'm sure we can get some answers to your questions... or at least get you going in the right direction. There were some decent DIY's re:iPhone adapters on Bimmerforums when I was there over a year ago. But like you, I enjoy our atmosphere here and haven't really looked back since.

If anyone else has a decent writeup or link, maybe they can post it?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast