Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

finally getting around to this

so Marcus pointed out to me that I have not yet written up a new member thread so the time has come where I finally had to do it...

My name is JP and I live in San Diego (it seems like half of this site does too). I have a 2005 Imolarot II ZHP Coupe, black leather w/Step that has about 63k on the clock as of this morning. Bought my car about 3 years ago, at the time I had been driving a 2002 Acura TL Type S (black on black) and that was a great car but I was ready to drive German again. My first car when I turned 16 had been my uncle's old '91 e32 Alpinweiss 735i so it was time for the search to start.

I first thought of a Mini cause I had looked at them about 4 years earlier and did like them but quickly that thought was shelved due to the fact I wanted to be in the FR crew. I was also looking at a 2002 (the car, not the year) but that didn't last long. My cousin's friend was working for BMW South County at the time so I stopped in there one day just to look at what they had on the used car lot and saw my first ZHP. It was a TiAg Coupe with the Alcantara interior but the car had been kinda abused with a ridiculous amount of miles for a car that was only about 3/4 years old. At first I didn't know what exactly it was but I quickly learned what a ZHP actually consists of and what the differences from the ZSP were.

Now the real search began, I knew what I wanted now I just had to find it. Now at the time most people who were selling a ZHP didn't really know what they had. Most just thought it was a ZSP so that's what it would say in the ads. It took me a few months but eventually I found my car at a dealership up in LA. It was a 1 owner lease return with only 30k on the clock. Car was in impeccable shape so the rest is history. I actually didn't want the Imolarot at the time but now I wouldn't have done it any different.

Back in 2008:

Until recently I have not touched my car in any sort of true mechanical or superficial ways but I think I've run it stock for long enough where I can start playing around now.

So far: BMW Performance Grills (51132158537 & 51132158538), aftermarket clear bumper reflectors, BMW Performance Air Intake (13720429613), BMW Performance Hand Brake (34402153752), BMW Performance Auto Shift Knob (25162155637), Bimmian Custom Alcantara Shift & Handbrake Boots (Black w/M Stitching), BMW Performance Aluminum Pedals and Footrest (35000304643 & 51470027792)

I have the Beisan Vanos Kit sitting in my garage but have not installed it yet, hopefully will have some time this weekend. I know I'm not gonna do too much but there are a few things that I still want to do. Probably the next thing I'll get around to is change out my stupid cupholders for the Euro style tray then install the OEM Aux Cable (82110149389) and run it into the tray so I can have a clean iPod/iPhone look. Besides that I think soem tint and blacked out numbers for the rear deck will be the last things I do. I know there are lots of other things I would love to get but I just don't wanna spend the money. I know I can get too carried away with it once I start up on exhaust, suspension, etc. so better just not to start up.

Anyways, love my car. Hell, I found this site right at the start when it first came up because I love the car so much and was always looking for more info on it.

JP, nice write up. Glad to see one of the original members taking time to lay it out there.

Welcome to the forum!

Yum. Very nice.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

very nice. i too had a '91 735i as my first car when i was 16, and my car prior to the ZHP was an '02 Acura TL. go figure!

I've always said there is no such thing as coincidence... I miss my e32 but I don't think I'll be getting rid of the ZHP anytime soon

Clean and sexy.
    -ADAM

Nice formal intro, JP. I like the mods. Very tasteful and clean looking.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Welcome, very nice mods.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

ok, forgot to introduce you to this little quirk of my car... so apparently the LED tails are sealed also like the headlamps on the facelift. Unfortunately for this little guy he got stuck in the housing during manufacture of mine. I call him Hans cause I think he's a German fly that got through customs w/o showing his passport. I've tried to free him with no luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast