Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Casey, thanks for getting to this.

Yes, the baby was moving around like crazy. I needed more light (sun was setting quickly). And I still wanted to shoot wide open so that I could isolate her.

Your camera has a much higher pixel density than anything I've shot with but 1/2000 seems higher than what I would expect to freeze the motion of a baby. If I were shooting that at 1.8 I'd be worried about missing focus. I used a DOF calculator and guessed the shooting distance of 2 feet and that yields a focus range of 1.2" which means if Zippy moves more than .6" forward or backwards in the time between you camera focusing and taking the picture you'll miss the shot.

If you look closely at the picture that's exactly what happened, your wife's lower lip is where the focus plane is - in front of Zippy's face.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Wait. Which picture are you referring to, William? We might be talking about something else.

William, I was referring to this one (I'm using a black and white one here; same stats for the color version):

Scarlett Teething on Hoop in B&W -- 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor by ZHP_Mafia, on Flickr

But are you referring to another one in my Flickr account?

No, that one's perfect. I thought we were talking about post 36 which is the only one I saw that you posted all the settings.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Ahh, we were just having a little miscommunication, William.

I agree with you on that one. You're exactly right. I think I had been shooting for all of three days when I took that one. Haha. I didn't know geometry from telepathy.

It was a bad angle by me. I've learned more since that was taken about 10 days ago.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678