Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Yes....try the 12v/55 amp setting. Doesn't the manual say it needs to be at least 12v? I may be recalling something Jim or the Turner boys said to me.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yes....try the 12v/55 amp setting. Doesn't the manual say it needs to be at least 12v? I may be recalling something Jim or the Turner boys said to me.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    just tried it on this setting, still got the 123 error msg. arrrrgh. i guess time to call/email turner? maybe the shark unit itself or the charger is defective? maybe the garage outlet isn't providing enough power? i should have known something would go wrong with this damn thing. except now im in well over $600 on this project...stupid mod fever
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Your car won't start now, will it?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

it starts up just fine. runs like normal.

just closed everything down for the night. now when i went to turn off the charger i noticed the power light was off even though it was still plugged in! tried flipping the switches a few times and nothing. so now the $90 battery charger i bought seems to be dead. no power at all. did i fry it from running it for a few hours?

another thing to consider i guess is the DRL, i don't think i have them, how do i know for sure?

man i feel like pulling out my hair right now. what an extremely frustrating day. guess that comes with the territory when trying to DIY stuff, right?
    --Wes--

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    it starts up just fine. runs like normal.
    Ok....yeah....call TMS first thing Monday.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

you mean tuesday monday is a holiday.
    --Wes--

Yeah..I don't think themes anything else you can do.

They told me to take my negative and positive cable terminals and tie them together for 5 minutes then try again. Supposed to get rid of any minor, stray electrical current that may be lurking.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

so i'm starting to think it's the charger they sent me. i think it's just a crappy battery charger. has anyone else used the one i posted a picture of above? i don't think it has enough amps or voltage to support this install...

wondering if i should drive to sears and buy a heavy duty one, do the shark install, and return it back to sears same day.
    --Wes--

Typically, anything thru which electrical current passes is a non-returnable item. FYI on the Sears strategy.

With all this stuff disconnected, have a look at your interior light near the sunroof switch as you start the motor. If it dims, that's a sign you need a new voltage regulator (VR).

Report back and I'll link to some useful VR info if it seems like you need it.

okay so problem SOLVED!!

i searched around some on e46 fanatics and found one thread where a guy recommended hooking up the charger directly to the battery in the trunk, instead of using the terminal posts underhood. i don't know why my dumbass didn't think of that last night! so i did that and the shark install went off without a hitch.

just took a spirited drive down the freeway, gassed it up, and drove home. curious to see how fuel economy changes. i can definitely feel an improved low-end throttle response. no more of that slight stumble off idle. shifting seems smoother as well. overall, even after one short drive, i'm pretty happy with how the car feels as a result of this mod. will report back after more driving.

thanks for the input guys.
    --Wes--

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast