Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pic request. 8tch Eye Dee auto level switch

Ok...so you prolly read a previous post of mine where I mentioned my auto level switch is broken. I know what the switch looks like...but am unsure how it attaches to the control arm.

I am in no huge hurry...but if one of you gangsters would take a pic of the arrangement, th next time you have your front passenger tire off....I would be most humbly grateful.

Thanks.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

IIRC I've got pics in various states of dis-assembly but I never took a pic of the finished repair.

Like this one:

Oh snap. I think I need more than just a new swict. Thanks for posting.

Any more pics would be great.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

old sensor with jerry-rigged wire that worked until I got the new sensor compared to the new sensor.

You can see it hanging behind the tie rod in this shot.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Kind of an interesting setup.

So, I need new switch and what is the other piece called?

The other piece that attaches to the control arm should still be there. Mine was. Pop that wheel off and you will know exactly what you need within 5 minutes.

Mine was the switch with a hinged plastic piece coming off of it connected to a bolt that fits through the hole in the control arm. It looked like all one piece.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Ok...thanks fellas

Autozone.com
    Dane, when you get that wheel off and see the parts I'm certain you'll be able to figure it out. It's a fairly simple but rather ingenious design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast