Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

P0171 & P0171 cleared with new fuel filter, but then P0301 came in

Title pretty much explains it.

Yesterday...out of the blue....with 1/2 tank,car lost power....it was still running, but when I pushed on gas pedal.....nothing was there. This all started after my duty day.....so...I drove in on Wednesday > and then drove it at 1800 for my tour. Car then sat till 1400 on Thursday. Driving home (about 30 miles) later is when indications started.

Change fuel filter today > car would only crank over for a bit....but I finally got it started and drove it down the street. Stalled out on me....but seemed to improve a bit on the way home. I did get the SES light to come in.....then it cleared on it's own.

Parked the car > yellow oil light came in. I have never had to add oil to my car and check it religiously.

Checked oil > 3/4 qt low.

Read code > P0301 cylinder 1 misfire.

Indications:

the engine may be harder to start > Yup
    the engine may stumble / stumble, and/or hesitate > Yup....bigtime.
    other symptoms may also be present

Additionally:

Causes

A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plugs or wires > Did plugs about 35k miles ago....and did them again 8/25 as corrective action
    Faulty coil (pack)
    Faulty oxygen sensor(s) > I changed these out...maybe a month ago.
    Faulty fuel injector(s)
    Burned exhaust valve
    Faulty catalytic converter(s)
    Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
    Faulty camshaft position sensor > Never changed
    Defective computer
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Glad that cleared it up.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

What? You got any idea's?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If you still have the original coil packs, now might be the time to consider replacing them.

Oh, sorry. Thought you cleared it up and all it needed was oil, my bad.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    If you still have the original coil packs, now might be the time to consider replacing them.
    They are the originals. So......mmmmm.....<(Me thinking)

Spose I should do like I recommend to others, and swap cylinder 1, over to cylinder 2....and see if the code follows.

I believe cylinders are numbered 1 through 6, front to back....correct?

Yeah I would bet money that it is the ignition coil pack. I had this happen to my old Ford Escape. It drove fine but the whole car was shuddering real hard and I knew something was wrong. Engine light came on, ran the code, P0305. Thankfully it was one of my front cylinders (I didn't have the tools with me to remove the intake manifold to access cylinders 1-3) Threw in a new coil pack and car ran perfectly fine.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast