Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mmm...ok...thanks fella's
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If you have the money and feel like buying all 6 coil packs go for it. But I would just keep 1 or 2 spares and replace them as the go.

Just checked the prices on ignition coil packs. Am I high? Or are they really $58 a piece?

The coil packs for my Ford Escape were $80 a piece. Maybe thats because I bought them at Advance.

RealOEM Link
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Running to autozone to get new Bosch coil.....1 each
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Have you ever changed the valve cover gasket? If your low on oil AND a plug all of a sudden is misfiring, maybe oil is seeping into that plug space, and normally a valve cover kit would come with new o-ring that go around the ignition tubes. Just check for oil residue when you take the coil pack off and pull the tube out.

I had issues with my 300ZX TT with fuel injectors failing that were similar. The ethanol plays havoc with fuel injectors. The injectors would work intermittently - I fixed problem by changing all the fuel injectors.

Sounds like you need to do your VCG...guess Vanos and a coil pack are on the list as well. Hopefully the Coil Pack will tide you over.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Had similar issues w the touring.

Had a vacuum leak - dunno where, will find out.
    Changed out fuel filter
    Changed O2 bank 2 sensor 2 - code thrown before

Indy mechanic also thought this was bad gas. When is the last time you filled up and where? He recommended dry gas, but no one really sells it since the ethanol content is so high and dry gas is essentially alcohol. NAPA auto sold me an ethanol gas treatment enzyme deal. Star Brite Star Tron in funky blue bottle. Guy there claimed it works. I added about 2 ounces to my tank and had no further issues (immediately following vacuum line repair tho).

BlackBerry. Tapatalk.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

So......I bought one new coil pack....and 6 new plugs. Car is running the same. I did fill up at the NEX last time....on Thursday.....and then it started running shitty.....so....I dunno. I just filled up again (at 1/2 tank) for the storm at BP....but I suppose if the other 1/2 tank was bad....?

So....from here....since I should have time the next couple of days....I'm going to investigate for the presence of a vacuum leak....and maybe try some dry gas.

I dunno fellas....I'm pretty bummed about this. Car was running great. I'm out $180.00 and car runs the same.

Hopefully something turns up.

QUESTION: The lil vent hose that come off of the fuel filter does what exactly?

So...I guess....I will.....

1. Pull intake filter....clean and oil it.

2. Pull DISA and ICV and look around while I'm in there.

3. Inspect Upper and lower intake boots.

Check your spark plugs for oil on them, if not that then do fuel pump tests, just guessing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Check your spark plugs for oil on them, if not that then do fuel pump tests, just guessing here.
    Spark plugs were replaced.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast