Am new - 1st post, searched to see if this was here and couldnt find it. This was my experience w/ my 05 ZHP.

First it took a bit of research to see if it was actually still there. The web has quite a few posts/threads about the CDV removal but the actual valve looks quite different among diff models of BMWs -light,dark metal or plastic.

When both previous owners of my ZHP responded definitively they had not removed it, I felt confident to at least take the area apart. I really didnt snag a pic until I'd started to disconnect. It only took several turns and brake fluid was everywhere. You can see the CDV is supported in the metal bracket here between the rubber hose and the metal pipes. This area is on the drives side of the tranny just down from the clutch bleeder valve.

Once taken apart w/ the 17mm and the 11mm wrenches. I could tell for sure the dreaded CDV was still there.

Next take 2 17mm wrenches and remove the CDV. For some odd reason, I didnt follow other write ups to plug the line and stop the dripping of the brake fluid. This would later come back to haunt me.

Here's what mine looked like once removed

Hard to appreciate but there is only a tiny pin hole for clutch fluid to flow through

The tools. Shop light, (2) 17mm wrenches, a 11mm and a 7 mm wrench. Not pic'd a pressure bleeder.

Once CDV removed, screw ends back together 11mm + 17mm & tighten. Then proceed to bleed the system. I chose a pressure bleeder as my only helpers were the mosquitos.
Here's the clutch bleeder valve. Its a 7mm and wayyyy up in there. I loosened it w/ the wrench then opened it w/ my hand.

It was at this point that I got to bleed it 5 times completely exhausting the pressure in my pressure bleeder which had been pumped up to 10 and refill my brake reservoir w/ DOT 4 ATE gold brake fluid. Why 5 times? The first 3 nothing but air came out

When I finally got a solid stream brake fluid w/o bubbles, I tightened the valve, put the cap back on, checked for leaks while still under pressure. Then put car back down on the ground and was rather pleased w/ myself until I started the car and stepped on clutch. It felt like it had very little spring in it and I couldnt even get the car in gear. :barf: 30+ pumps and I was able to finally get it in gear. Went for a test drive and clutch engagement was just off floor and almost stalled it. Way diff than before and in a bad way. Fortunately driving it and shifting a ton brought it back to its old engagement points and feel. After that panic was over I was able to finally appreciate that the nagging delay in shifting was gone.