Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BustedBoat View Post
    Just so I wouldn't need to open up another thread for organization values, I have decided to restart this one :D. Firstly for me if I may ask does the car have to be on a lift for all work to be done? Due to issues I will not be able to borrow any garages from friends so everything will have to be accomplished through jacks, jack stands and ramps. Thanks for any help!
    Nope. Did mine on jack stands.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I've done it on a lift & jack stands. Both work, just more room on a lift.

Good luck!

05 Imola Red 6 spd man, cwp, pp, xenons, HK, fold down rear seats.

Funny thing for me, a few months back I was going to pull it when doing a bunch of other work and found that the PO had already removed it!
    Tim

That's fantastic news guys, made my day! How about brake bleeding, is a lift needed for that?

Nope. Over the course of owning my two E46s I've done cooling, brakes, rotors, vcg, vanos, oil filter housing gasket, control arms, cabs...

Didn't need a lift for any of it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Alright CDV was removed today! Mission accomplished. Used the madrussian diy. Said it was supposed to take me 30 minutes for whatever reason took me a little more than an hour . But that's not that bad, it was alright. Things I did notice in comparison to the guide. Skid plate removal? Was not needed at all! Don't know if that's normal or not. Also so no air would enter at all, I clamped the tube before doing any work at all. I think that saved me from having to bleed my brakes because the car now drives great!

tl;dr CDV successfully removed

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Nope. Over the course of owning my two E46s I've done cooling, brakes, rotors, vcg, vanos, oil filter housing gasket, control arms, cabs...

Didn't need a lift for any of it.
    I swapped my last E46 from auto to manual on jack stands. They are good for just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BustedBoat View Post
    Also so no air would enter at all, I clamped the tube before doing any work at all. I think that saved me from having to bleed my brakes because the car now drives great!

tl;dr CDV successfully removed
    What did you clamp it off with? I need to do this and hate bleeding the darn thing.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Not sure if it's the correct name but I'm going to feel around in the dark and call it plier clamps? It's kind of like pliers that lock when you squeeze the handles together.

I think you're looking for "vise grips." Even rubber lines have braiding in them though so I don't know that this is really the best solution. I'd rather plug the line myself.

I used mini vise-grips when I pulled mine as well. Also useful would be a small c-clamp, which is what I think the madrussian DIY suggests. Add me to the numbers who didn't need to bleed after the removal

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast