Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Am I sharked?

So the moral of all this is that the ZHP is safe to rev to redline without issues with the oil pump nut?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Negative, because the oil pump shaft can still shear off.

I think the moral of the story is, generally speaking, that if you don't track or AutoX your car, you don't have much to worry about.

I think...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Gotta love having a car that I can have fun with and at the end of the day, week, month, year, decade....it still works. I can't believe my car is 8 years old and still making sure it's giving new minivans a run of their money...but only by a bit...LOL. Everything is going to have a 0-60 in 5 seconds in no time with technology and competition. But it's not all about just getting to 60. It's about how you got their in the 1st place. And we all know...we get to 60 in full style!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

it's funny, cause every car i've ever owned, i wished it was a little faster off the line.

with my ZHP, i don't even care. just pulling from idle and hearing that slight stock exhaust growl makes me happy every time. i let mini vans fly by. i know i got em if i want em. i don't need to flaunt.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Negative, because the oil pump shaft can still shear off.

I think the moral of the story is, generally speaking, that if you don't track or AutoX your car, you don't have much to worry about.

I think...
    Gotta say, this is the first I've ever heard of this. A quick Google didn't turn up much either.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=231924

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Gotta say, this is the first I've ever heard of this. A quick Google didn't turn up much either.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=231924
    I've seen it come up over various forums.

Some info here from post #8 on.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by VaTechZHP View Post
    I'll be up in Blacksburg for the Clemson game. I'm 99.9% sure my car is completely stock if you want to take it for a spin opr do some pulls out 460 at some point during the weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    VaTechZHP that'd be awesome if we could work it out! I'll send you a PM and we can chat.

Thanks
    i'll be up tomorrow night as well. don't know how sober i'll be at all tho. car will more than likely be parked at my buddy's off clay street. if you see a black one with CF splitters and yellow fogs/alternate high flashers. say what up.

Word well maybe I'll swing by before I go out later.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456