Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Meric Guest
    They probably will. But it's weird when I handed in my car it took 2-3 hours to fix it xD

anyone know if I did DIY myself, will dealer still fix it for me ? my warning light showed up again even I did the re-ground wire stuff when the weather is cold. What did the dealer change, the carrier, the ground or the adapter ? Thanks

I did most of the DIY and the dealer still did the fix for me because I needed new plastic harness plugs. I had to leave the car for several hours but they gave me a 128 loaner. Not sure if that's standard policy or specific to this dealer. They didn't charge and refunded me $6.50 for some of the BMW parts I'd purchased for the DIY. (I'd spent about $30 on parts but they only reimbursed for specific parts from the recall list.). Besides the new plugs, not sure what else they replaced because they taped all the new wires with electrical tape. In fact I don't if they replaced the bulb carriers or not (probably not).

After I did my DIY, I still had a rear bulb-out warning that drove me crazy for a week or two. Then I checked the bulbs in the trunk lid and found one of them was in fact failing, it just wasn't completely out yet. Previously I'd checked and re-checked the other tail bulbs but not the ones in the trunk lid.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I did most of the DIY and the dealer still did the fix for me because I needed new plastic harness plugs. I had to leave the car for several hours but they gave me a 128 loaner. Not sure if that's standard policy or specific to this dealer. They didn't charge and refunded me $6.50 for some of the BMW parts I'd purchased for the DIY. (I'd spent about $30 on parts but they only reimbursed for specific parts from the recall list.). Besides the new plugs, not sure what else they replaced because they taped all the new wires with electrical tape. In fact I don't if they replaced the bulb carriers or not (probably not).

After I did my DIY, I still had a rear bulb-out warning that drove me crazy for a week or two. Then I checked the bulbs in the trunk lid and found one of them was in fact failing, it just wasn't completely out yet. Previously I'd checked and re-checked the other tail bulbs but not the ones in the trunk lid.
    you mean the trunk light bulb not the tail light bulb ? And thanks for your info

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I did most of the DIY and the dealer still did the fix for me because I needed new plastic harness plugs.
    Just before you read this, it's nothing against you.

Reading that comment royally pisses me off. I say this because I specifically checked for the connector after the dealer performed my "fix" and that plug still had a hole the size of China in it, with the ground wire completely out of the harness still burned to a crisp. They didn't do a damned thing for the hour they had my car other than come up with a list of things they feel I have to fix on the car, claimed to have performed the fix (even though I already had the fix applied), and then proceeded to tell me that the plastic connector does NOT get replaced unless it is affecting the wires around it. WTF?

I wanted my plastic connector replaced, which is the SOLE reason for going to the dealer to get this "recall" repair done, and instead I left an hour and a half shorter on time and nothing but disappointment and frustration. I have to live with this now with a destroyed connector.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

^Ugh. I am soooo not taking my car in for this....as I have already DIY'd it.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ^Ugh. I am soooo not taking my car in for this....as I have already DIY'd it.
    I know. It takes time going to stealership and mostly end up wasting my time, properly half day. I did DIY on both sides, it was warning light for both and the right side was completely fixed after re-ground the wire. Now the morning cold weather caused the left side warning light again, it will turn off later after warming it up. I think it must be the carrier problem. I don't know if I should send it back to the stealer recall or buy a new carrier myself, any advice ?

Quote Originally Posted by drfreeman View Post
    I know. It takes time going to stealership and mostly end up wasting my time, properly half day. I did DIY on both sides, it was warning light for both and the right side was completely fixed after re-ground the wire. Now the morning cold weather caused the left side warning light again, it will turn off later after warming it up. I think it must be the carrier problem. I don't know if I should send it back to the stealer recall or buy a new carrier myself, any advice ?
    I just did this. I have not had a BOW since. I think it's pretty close to what they do.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5400-My-(Meric-s)-E46-Tail-Light-Ground-Fix....&p=122387

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Dane Do you think the melted adapter can cause problem again ? We just re-grounded it and didn't change a new wire adapter.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by drfreeman View Post
    Thanks Dane Do you think the melted adapter can cause problem again ? We just re-grounded it and didn't change a new wire adapter.
    Dunno. It hasn't for me. I think the way they grounded it was bad, so I don't expect the problem to return.

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast