Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Those are very old school. I like other BBS wheels better but if you like them -- and want them -- go for it.
    Personally, I 100% agree with Mark. Those wheels, IMO, wouldn't quite fit in with the E46. An E36 could pull it off, but that style on a newer car such as the ZHP doesn't click in my mind. Of all the BBS' available, that one seems less BBS like than the others, and reminds me of knockoffs.

But then again, that isn't a very good angle for a picture of something you're selling, either, so if I saw a head-on shot, then maybe I would change my mind...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I think one of the things that I don't like about them is that they have no lip. They're much like the modern-day monoblock wheels, without the concave look. It's just another reason these wheels look a bit dated to me.

That said, they were well-made wheels back in the day. Wheel technology, though, has come some distance since then.

John, do you like these? If so, get them. Don't worry about us.

do it. BBS anything is just :

i love BBS CH

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    do it. BBS anything is just :

i love BBS CH

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had an original post about my thought process on these, but I'm changing that post out and not getting them. Brand new Avant Garde m310s are $999 with free shipping, so it's hard to justify these, even though I like them. (Price was down to $950 and still negotiable).

http://www.elementwheels.com/proddet...ava-3101898hs#

It certainly is my decision, but I absolutely do consider in the fact that some of you have seen many more E46s than I and can point out things I might overlook, and that helped me make a better decision to hold off on these BBS's. Thanks for the input from all!
    Last edited by johnrando; 09-03-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

the m310s for $999+free shipping is a steal!

any update on what you've decided?
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Yes, I guess I didn't make it clear. I'm leaning toward not getting them, but I do have a chance to see them in person this weekend when I head down to San Diego for the Tech Day, so that's when I'll make my final decision.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Gheybe Guest
    I LOVE those wheels, as you can tell. The Apex ARC-8's are pretty much exactly like that, but lighter and cheaper I think.

Also, that M3 is from down here. He was on my caravan this year. It's absolutely perfect.

John, I'll be painting my wheels silver very soon, so if you wanna know what they look like on a vert, it won't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
    I LOVE those wheels, as you can tell. The Apex ARC-8's are pretty much exactly like that, but lighter and cheaper I think.

Also, that M3 is from down here. He was on my caravan this year. It's absolutely perfect.

John, I'll be painting my wheels silver very soon, so if you wanna know what they look like on a vert, it won't take long.
    Awesome, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12